• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tree Huggers

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Did anyone else see them setting up camp on Priory Crescent last night?

yeah my missus noticed the swampys had moved in.. camp bling is what they are calling it

I saw them there Saturday night on the way home from Gillingham.. i politely yelled out the window something along the lines of have a bath and get a job.
Subtlety was never one of my strong points !!

I think we should start a campaign to get rid of them. There are more of us then them so all we need is to get a tent and set it up in their camp! Just needs to or three of us a night to ensure that they get no sleep. We could use a rota. All it would mean is one night and day every three years for each of us!

We could just throw bits of tarmac at them!

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Im sure it wont be long before a group of p%&sheads coming back from town or something, take it upon themselves to trash the camp....

wink.gif

Going to play devil's advocate here - what real harm are they doing? I've said it before but as someone who grew up visiting Priory Park as a kid I am a little saddened that part of it will be lost to a widened road. Yes I concede that it is most probably a neccesary evil but these protestors obviously don't agree with that viewpoint...and are entitled to protest all they want (we as a country have fought wars to protect that right in the past after all).

Why are they protesting about saving priory park, yet protesting elsewhere ?

As far as I am aware none of PP will be touched by the road, Some trees are being taken down to accomodate a footpath which will be inside the park as it stands, but it is hardly a part of the park that gets used at all, it does not impact on the football pitches, so geneally the only bit that bit of the park gets used for is walking, so a footpath will suit them fine...

If the people up the trees actually had jobs, they may well find that going to work via cuckoo corner might change their mind, certainly cars polute at a far greater rate standing in traffic queues than they doing when moving faster.

I would be interested to know whether the houses they live in normally, were built on green land at any stage ? I presume it was ok to knock a few trees down then ?

You have to laugh don't you
smile.gif

They have made a nice entrance into Camp Bling, it's a nice wooden framework, with nice wooden planking, now where does wood come from - oh yeah trees
biggrin.gif

They are protesting about a road. They are having all their timber (from trees) delivered along with other stuff by a clapped out Red Transit Van. How does that get there - oh yeah by road
wink.gif

07817 182394 (Site number )

Try ringing in the middle of the night  !!

How about promising some supplies , then ringing back and saying you couldn't deliver them because the traffic was too bad !

link

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Oct. 11 2005,09:12)]07817 182394 (Site number )

Try ringing in the middle of the night  !!

How about promising some supplies , then ringing back and saying you couldn't deliver them because the traffic was too bad !

link
If you actually look at their map 'Camp Bling' is shown as being in the Lookers Car Showroom
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Oct. 07 2005,22:50)]Going to play devil's advocate here - what real harm are they doing? I've said it before but as someone who grew up visiting Priory Park as a kid I am a little saddened that part of it will be lost to a widened road. Yes I concede that it is most probably a neccesary evil but these protestors obviously don't agree with that viewpoint...and are entitled to protest all they want (we as a country have fought wars to protect that right in the past after all).
I have no problem with legal protest, but:-

a) Is it legal to set up camp there? (I'm not sure one way of the other, but I doubt it is, mainly because they had to remove barriers to get there), and

b) the longer they are given the harder it will be for the council to get rid of them when the time comes. They may well do what has been done at other sites in the past and bury themselves underground etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 11 2005,11:13)]b) the longer they are given the harder it will be for the council to get rid of them when the time comes. They may well do what has been done at other sites in the past and bury themselves underground etc.
maybe that where the original burial came from.. some saxon king objecting to the new horse track dual carrige way going through his land protested by digging in.. unfortunatly being pre human rights the viking contracters just built it right over his head...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Oct. 11 2005,12:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 11 2005,11:13)]b) the longer they are given the harder it will be for the council to get rid of them when the time comes. They may well do what has been done at other sites in the past and bury themselves underground etc.
maybe that where the original burial came from.. some saxon king objecting to the new horse track dual carrige way going through his land protested by digging in..  unfortunatly being pre human rights the viking contracters just built it right over his head...
You may have a point there!

I actually admire them. One day the powers that be could be building a flyover through your kids favourite park or bulldozing football pitches for a new asylum centre. These chaps will be there to protest on your behalf, and with the pleasure of my benefits.
My grandad single handedly stopped a housing development in Dagenham by refusing to move to sheltered housing "War hero brings down the council" said the headlines.

The only thing worse than protesting for your beliefs is being silent in them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Oct. 13 2005,09:21)]I actually admire them. One day the powers that be could be building a flyover through your kids favourite park or bulldozing football pitches for a new asylum centre. These chaps will be there to protest on your behalf, and with the pleasure of my benefits.
  My grandad single handedly stopped a housing development in Dagenham by refusing to move to sheltered housing "War hero brings down the council" said the headlines.

The only thing worse than protesting for your beliefs is being silent in them.
I have no problems with people sticking by their beliefs and protesting. Its when misinformation is fed to people to get their support (as in Save priory park...get real it is not going anywhere)
Remember the fuss when the karers did the p****ing in front gardens bit

Also hypocrites really bug me, Save the trees, don't build a road....but send supplies to us using roads.
A bit like vegetarians who where leather shoes really...

lets face it.. if people protest for something that suits you then they are great.. if its something you have no intrest in they are just annoying t%&ts..
mind you anyone who fronts up to the t%$&*rs in local or national government, for whatever reason, does deserve some grudging respect..

Back