• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trying trialists

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Three trialists included in the reserves squad for their match at Norwich tonight. One recommended by the 'Goat' .......left back and attacker......sounds our kind of player......wonder whether he can go in goal as well?
The second one we are not informed of his position. The third one on the bench is a midfielder???

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/ReserveNewsDetail/0,,10444~1790517,00.html

Last edited:
Yeah, but the Goat also once sang "Wayne Gray is the new Pele" ha ha....and he was sober.

I like the sound of the goal-scoring full back though

Three trialists included in the reserves squad for their match at Norwich tonight. One recommended by the 'Goat' .......left back and attacker......sounds our kind of player......wonder whether he can go in goal as well?
The second one we are not informed of his position. The third one on the bench is a midfielder???

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/ReserveNewsDetail/0,,10444~1790517,00.html

Wow, as trialists go I'm quite impressed with the standard. I've heard of both the first two and they're highly-rated - hope they impress!

The one on the bench I've never heard of, seems a bit strange we aren't starting him if he's a trialist.....

Getting ready to go the short distance to carra rud.
Lets hope that the 3 trialists do well and Sawyer Walker and the Doug put them to the sword. The bragging rights at work in the morning would be great :)

Wow. How strange! Subojtic, the striker, mysteriously appeared on the Southend page on www.footballtalentspotter.com last season for no reason. Now here he is playing in the reserves on trial... He's at Pompey, Croatian I think.

I presume Justin Clayton is a youth team player.

Who are our most promising youth team players? Do any of the current crop have a realistic chance of making it here at Southend? Do we have a budding Franck Moussa or are they all Charles Ademenos, James Lawsons, Callum Whittakers, Peggy Lokandos and Stuart O'Keefes?

Glad I wasn't the only guy puzzled about the midfielder on trial. I can't help but feel our main issue is in central defence. Herd makes a fine job of the left spot and (unless I am mistaken) M'voto was initally billed as a natural left back (although doing a fine job himself). Meanwhile Barret is the only guy holding firm for us in the centre.

In Tilly I trust though, maybe he just couldn't find anyone up to scratch to trial just yet.

Jesus christ. Khano Smith is immense. He would be superb in the left wing-back role. Pure pace, skill and can cross pin point. We sign him on loan I would be amazed. He must demand a fair whack.

Don't know about the other two, but I've heard of them at least.

Last edited:
I presume Justin Clayton is a youth team player.

Who are our most promising youth team players? Do any of the current crop have a realistic chance of making it here at Southend? Do we have a budding Franck Moussa or are they all Charles Ademenos, James Lawsons, Callum Whittakers, Peggy Lokandos and Stuart O'Keefes?

Bit harsh on O'Keefe, he is still here!

Jesus christ. Khano Smith is immense. He would be superb in the left wing-back role. Pure pace, skill and can cross pin point. We sign him on loan I would be amazed. He must demand a fair whack.

Not going on the feedback from that NYRB forum!!! Ouch :(

:D

From Wiki...

Smith enjoys celebrity status in his homeland, and following the retirement of Shaun Goater from top-level competitive play is the island's most famous footballer.

If you read the link for Smith above you'll see that he is, presumably, a free agent. Sadly, Redbulls fans were not exactly depressed that he's left.

In all seriousness though, when was the last time we signed a trialist?

I watched the reserve game at Colchester last year and though Rob Eagle would have been ideal for us, but we passed him over.

(just checked Wiki and he went to Callie Thistle in the summer and crossed for super Richie Foran's goal last week)

No doubt these will pass by too.

The most important question is, has Kay got him on Facebook yet?

Back