• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Turkey leftovers

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Ok, so having bought (for the first time) a Turkey butterfly joint for Christmas, I'm struggling with ideas for the considerable leftovers. So far have made up a turkey pasta/stroganoff type dish and a turkey curry, 4 pots of each for the freezer, still got quite a lot left so am appealing for some ideas please. Anyone know if turkey makes a good lasagne?
smiley_cooking.gif

Ok, so having bought (for the first time) a Turkey butterfly joint for Christmas, I'm struggling with ideas for the considerable leftovers. So far have made up a turkey pasta/stroganoff type dish and a turkey curry, 4 pots of each for the freezer, still got quite a lot left so am appealing for some ideas please. Anyone know if turkey makes a good lasagne?

Turkey sandwich in brown with Branston pickle,you can't whack it.

give it to someone in need - local homeless shelter or a family less fortunate than yourself who didnt get a turkey for xmas

You could spread the leftover turkey on your lawn and cull any feral foxes it attracts with a high powered air rifle.

Was tempted by his chicken pie in the 30 minute meals book but adapting it for turkey instead of chicken, however, I really want stuff I can freeze and home made pies aren't too good frozen.

Just freeze the turkey and make the pastry for pie on the day you eat it.

Cheers for ideas guys, have frozen the leftovers for now as we're all a bit turkeyed out!

Back