• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights

The Man Who Likes Prams

I have just watched the Sky League roundup on Skysports One. Total let down. They only showed the Goat's two, and not the Col Ewe effort or Cole's spectacular. Sky Sports News is no longer showing all the goals from the league for some reason, and I can't find a decent league review on London or Anglia (after re-installing all the ITV regions).

Are there any comprehensive or local league highlight programmes this season?

Ta!

Have you watched the sky sports football league review which is shown every thursday. Shows every goal and every game of the football leagues

I think this is what The Man Who Likes Prams was referring to..

I also just watched the 10pm installment of Football League review and was very dissapointed that only the goats two goals were shown.

I'm starting to wonder why i fork out £40+ a month for shoddy coverage like that!.

mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Sep. 01 2005,23:49)]I think this is what The Man Who Likes Prams was referring to..

I also just watched the 10pm installment of Football League review and was very dissapointed that only the goats two goals were shown.

I'm starting to wonder why i fork out £40+ a month for shoddy coverage like that!.

mad.gif
mad.gif
Exactly....

sad.gif

It's ridiculous, either they're committed to the Football league or not. Such shoddy coverage is unaccpetable, without ITV highlight packages on Thursdays there's nowhere to see all the goals....
sad.gif

Don't they always 'pick and choose' goals when there's a Bank Holiday programme (i.e. two lots of fixtures), though? Not that I'm defending Sky's actions but I guess if Football League Review isn't given a larger time slot to compensate for the extra action then maybe they don't have a choice but to edit the goals shown?

I do agree it's a shame that there doesn't appear to be a London/Anglia Soccer Night on ITV this season.

Anglia showed the goals at 6pm on Tuesday evening - not a lot of good telling you all now I know, sorry. Also had interviews with Tilly, The Goat and Parkinson

I emailed Sky about this last night. The Sunday League review programme normally shows all the goals, and without the benefit of George Gavin and Dave Bassett (or some other luminary) waffling. After all the programme is meant to last an hour, so let us have the goals not the bulls%&t.

They have stopped showing the league 1 & 2 goals, on Goals on Sunday, just so that McCaffrey & Kamara can look pleased with themselves on a Sunday and share their in jokes.

I was very disappointed in the League Review programme last night, particularly as I had been looking forward to seeing Mitchell Cole's goal again from a different angle.

ITV's programme on Sundays The Championship shows in the main just those games with an occasional glimpse lower. The programme they used to have on Sunday afternoons seems to have disappeared now.

As we pay £40 per month or more to Sky I suggest that those subscribers p%&sed off with their lack of service write to them to express their disgust accordingly.

To be fair though, it wasn't just us that they didn't show all the goals from. The Hartlepool Vs Scunthorpe game only showed 3 of their goals when the match ended 3 apiece.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Sep. 01 2005,23:49)]I'm starting to wonder why i fork out £40+ a month for shoddy coverage like that!.

mad.gif
mad.gif
The very reason i ditched Sky Sports and use Bluesworld to be honest. I get to see the Goals come Monday after a saturday game and if i need any sports news SKy Sports News does fine for Free

Goals on Sunday is a joke. I don't mind a bit of chat in between matches and think, if anything, it adds to the programme.

However, they chat about the most inane subjects with guests who are either very dull or are on every other week. Why can't they show more football and do less chat?!?!

mad.gif

If I paid my subscription, I'd ditch it and go Freeview or something. Surely ditching some empty airtime on SkySportsExtra would give them plenty of time to show football league review in it's entirety.

As has been shown by attendances, the numbers attending Coca Cola league games rivals that of those attending Premier$hite games so the least they can do is show our goals. I honestly don't need or want McCaffrey and Kamara discussing how the 7 second rule has not been implemented properly or whether Anelka was offside that one time. Anelka's always offside!!

All they'll do is make loads of lower league fans bitter. Apparently word of mouth has the biggest impact on obtaining and keeping customers. Well, they're not getting much of a write up from me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Sep. 02 2005,00:33)]Don't they always 'pick and choose' goals when there's a Bank Holiday programme (i.e. two lots of fixtures), though? Not that I'm defending Sky's actions but I guess if Football League Review isn't given a larger time slot to compensate for the extra action then maybe they don't have a choice but to edit the goals shown?

I do agree it's a shame that there doesn't appear to be a London/Anglia Soccer Night on ITV this season.
The goals from Friday & Saturday were shown on the sunday evening slot & the Monday action was shown yesterday.

Still doesn't explain why some of the goals were missed out though.

Maybe they just needed more time to explain why s%&ttu's own goal was disallowed for offside
rock.gif

Just had this from Anglia/ITV. I suppose November is better than nothing.

sad.gif

Thank you for your inquiry regarding football coverage on ITV regions
this season. As things stand, there are no plans for a dedicated local
football series on ITV until November, when a regular regional programme
is scheduled to return. I appreciate this is frustrating for many
football supporters, but it is a matter beyond the control of the
regional sports departments.

Meantime, I can assure you we are committed to proving comprehensive
Football League coverage on our flagship evening news programme Anglia
Tonight, and on regular news bulletins throughout the week.

Sascha Williams - on behalf of Kevin Piper
Head of Sport
Anglia TV
____

Comment:

Last season you had an excelent football round-up programme late on a
Thursday night which covered the regions clubs well, had fans in the
studio, and was essential viewing for me as an Exile. Can you tell me if
you are planning to run this programme again, and if not is there a time
when I can catch the goals etc from the weeks football on Anglia?

Thanks
Please visit the official ITV website at www.itv.com
for the latest company news.

i was annoyed about that. to be honest its the first time ive never seen all the goals on football league review so maybe it is something to do with being a bank holiday. im going to email them to find out however, and make it known that people do support teams in league 1/2 and that we wanna see the goals!

I'm going to email TVE1 and ask them why they showed ONLY the La Liga goals last Monday and NOT any of the goals from Roots Hall.

Disgusted, Spain

Back