• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV progammes that have dragged on far too long

Agree with eastenders, question of sport has lost its appeal, simpsons should have stopped after the movie if were honest.. definetly missed a get out point there, possibly because of family guy coming along)

but, i do like lost still and think it includes some of the best writing i've seen in a tv program...
can easily see how people who don't watch it would think so..

oh, and did used to like mark lamar alot in buzzcocks (the names of people in the mystery 'line up' round used to be the one of the funniest things for me!) ..haven't really watched it since he went

and, think it's finsihed now.. but two pints of lager went on for too long! and strangely,i barely watched 10 episodes of it...

Last edited:
Shows like 24, Lost, Heroes (waits for rebukes) could have hugely benefitted from only having 2 series, there is a huge tendancy for USA shows like this to go on too long and make their plots SO complicated and conspiracy theory based it's ridiculous.
Don't watch Heroes and gave up on Lost in the middle of season 3, so could somewhat agree with that.... but

24 ?? :stunned:

Granted, season 6 was weak compared to the other series, however season 5 was in my opinion and the majority of people I speak to, the best series of the lot !

For me, 24 is a believable (and extremely better*) version of James Bond. Yes, Jack never gets shot & killed, but he doesn't shoot fireballs from his backside like Bond does. I won't explain any of the actual storyline as I don't want to give it away for others who haven't watched it, but I think the writers realised after the end of season 5, it was always going to be hard trying to make the start of season 6 realistic.

*For the record, I do quite like Bond, but 24 is in a league of it's own.

Agree that ITV1 should be struck from the realms of existance. The only program that deserves saving is the Championship.

I would generally agree with that, although Harry Hills TV Burp is a definitely a pearl amongst the ITV swine.

I was going to add the Champions League as well given the great drama of last year's final, but remembered that I watched that on Sky instead.

I would generally agree with that, although Harry Hills TV Burp is a definitely a pearl amongst the ITV swine.

I was going to add the Champions League as well given the great drama of last year's final, but remembered that I watched that on Sky instead.

Isn't it the first England game of the ITV contract on Sat?
Wonder how bad their coverage will be?

I wish they would replace some of the **** like xfactor and this strictly ******** with true gems like Mind Your Language and Metal Mickey.
I also think that Points Of View has run it's course.
Barry Took just comes across as a smug **** now.

They should replace it with Celebrity Pie Eating, hosted by Magnus Pike.

Isn't it the first England game of the ITV contract on Sat?
Wonder how bad their coverage will be?

If they dig up Brian Moore and have Big 'Enoch Powell' Ron doing the 'coloured' commentary, with Elton Wellesby in the studio with Robbie Earle it will be mustard.

This is brilliant, timing is off on the internet... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=evY-CNm7hCA
Brilliant!!

I agree with you there, mentioned this on the thread about the new comedy that goes out after it - and which is so memorable I've forgotten what it's called already - I thought Mark Lamarr just got a bit too full of himself towards the end and think Simon Amstell has grown into the job!

95% of telly is shockingly pants.

harry and paul last week made me chuckle with their send up of on the buses.

the X factor this year should be retitled who can cry the most.

good telly for me,the comic strip presents,young ones,bottom,harry enfield ect.

total crud,

those mental eastenders,casualty blah blah

Agree that ITV1 should be struck from the realms of existance. The only program that deserves saving is the Championship.

The Championship can't be saved I'm afraid! Once this season is over, that programme goes the way of World of Sport, live athletics and Saint and Greavsie - into the ITV Sport history books, as Football League highlights coverage passes to the BBC next season.

Back