• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Twenty20 warm up fixture - England v England Lions

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
England 157-6 (20 overs) lose to England Lions 158-5 (20 overs)

England
Luke Wright 42 not out off of 21 balls
Matt Prior 33 off of 22 balls
Lions Bowling: Rashid 4 overs 3 wickets for 22 and Finn 4 overs 2 wickets for 25 runs.

Lions
C Kieswetter (who? is he this new SA they talking about) 81 off 66 balls and Michael Lumb 58 not out off of 35 balls.

Wright 2-41 Sidebottom 2-30

What do you make of this?
Rashid is going to be in and out looks hot if he gets it right but cannon fodder when wrong.

I think Swanny should have a hit in 20/20 - bottle and ability... thoughts?

Kieswetter is the Somerset Saffer who looks dead set to play for England at some point this summer.

I thought Swann was a regular member of the T20 side.

Swann is a regular of the 20:20 side, although his 3 overs went for 30 runs here. I think S4E was just suggesting he bat higher up. I think he'll be a more effective hitter in test than limited overs cricket.

Swann will be coming under big pressure from Rashid though for the 20:20s here (assuming they can change the squads). Rashid has been bowling really well for the Lions on this tour so far. I was very concerned about where his England career was heading after his international experience in the summer and then the last tour and I thought his confidence might have been shot but he has bounced back superbly.

What happened in the last over as from the scorecard I saw, we got a wicket with 5 balls to go and the reserves needing 15 more runs! Good effort to get over the line if that is the case.

Kieswetter has been tipped for good things for a few years and has now (or will over next few weeks) be qualified to play for England. THink he will get a look in the one day side this summer though may take a little while to edge ahead of Prior in the tests. Puts Foster back down the line for places but thats good for Essex. Least he is leapfrogging the overrated Davies.

Glad to see Rashid had a good game, and hopefully he picks up his development now. He is still very young, especially for a spinner.

What happened in the last over as from the scorecard I saw, we got a wicket with 5 balls to go and the reserves needing 15 more runs! Good effort to get over the line if that is the case.

Kieswetter has been tipped for good things for a few years and has now (or will over next few weeks) be qualified to play for England. THink he will get a look in the one day side this summer though may take a little while to edge ahead of Prior in the tests. Puts Foster back down the line for places but thats good for Essex. Least he is leapfrogging the overrated Davies.

Glad to see Rashid had a good game, and hopefully he picks up his development now. He is still very young, especially for a spinner.

Look Right bowled the last over and got it down to the Lions needing 8 off the last 2 balls, but I think Lumb, who'd earlier retired hurt after being hit in the face by Broad, hit them both for 4.

Back