• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Two Realisitic Signings

DTS

The Business
Right - Sick of reading suggestions of big name players sich Marian Pahars, Ronaldo and Neville Roach coming back to Roots Hall so have decided to start a sensible thread about players that could end up at the hall without breaking the bank. Please feel free to join in :

PAUL MCSHANE - MAN UTD.

Classy centre half who according to my local paper is set to be released by them at the end of the season. My mates tell me he has be a class act for Brighton all season and can easily hold his own at that level. Brighton are hot on hit tail but the reason I reckon we might get him is his sister is Mts Maher and hopefully King Kev can tap him up. Wages should be reasonable too.

STEVE JONES - CREWE

Bit unlikely as he is a Northerner but scored a fiar share of goals at this level and has been a decent player with Crewe.
He has left them so i am told as he feels he can cut it at this level. Wages cant have been great at Crewe either....

Cheers
DtS

how about Dion Dublin.. where is he these days
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 04 2006,12:56)]STEVE JONES - CREWE

Bit unlikely as he is a Northerner but scored a fiar share of goals at this level and has been a decent player with Crewe.
He has left them so i am told as he feels he can cut it at this level. Wages cant have been great at Crewe either....

Cheers
DtS
Steve Jones signed a 3 year deal with Burnley yesterday
sad.gif

The first of many half-decent strikers we'll miss out on?

Paul McShane is useful, and the connection with Maher could be well worth the effort.

nope.. no Ira supporting players please

Luke Rodgers?

Jody Morris?

Marvin Williams?

Juan Ugarte?

John Otsemobor?

Colin Kazim Richards?

rock.gif

Lee from Leigh?
think he would have to work on his fitness... but probably has some potential!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 04 2006,13:11)]nope.. no Ira supporting players please
don't say Barry Conlon is coming back
mad.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the man who was bald at the age of 18?

you would know all about that though wouldn't you!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 04 2006,13:28)]you would know all about that though wouldn't you!
biggrin.gif
No, i still have all my hair

Keep it in a box under the bed

Didn't Paul McShane used to be the 'camp comedian' Ted Bovis in Hi-De-Hi? If its the same guy that would be quite a coup for the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (On the Boardwalk @ May 04 2006,13:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 04 2006,13:28)]you would know all about that though wouldn't you!
biggrin.gif
No, i still have all my hair

Keep it in a box under the bed
at least it hasn't gone grey..

Not sure if contracts are up at WBA at the end of the season but Campbell or Horsfield could do a similar job for Freddy next season as the Goat has done this.

Wages maybe an issue but surely they would be worth looking at. Both are strong and can hold the ball up, and at Championship level would certainly chip in with a few goals.

Obviously with WBA being relegated they maybe offered extensions there, but knowing Robson from his days as Boro boss he will almost certainly look to change things. He has Kamara, Kanu and Ellington still there, who will probably stay.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (N'Zamba Legend @ May 04 2006,13:44)]Didn't Paul McShane used to be the 'camp comedian' Ted Bovis in Hi-De-Hi? If its the same guy that would be quite a coup for the club.
I think he got sacked for snaking Gladys.....

N'Zamba - Funniest poster on SZ by far.....
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Snowy @ May 04 2006,14:11)]Wages maybe an issue but surely they would be worth looking at.
No... wages WILL be an issue.

People... please... some of these players are individually on more than our entire squad! It ain't gonna happen!

Frankly, anyone you've heard of who's under the age of 32 is a non starter.

Back