• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Typing my CV without word.

DTS

The Business
Hello,

For some unknown reason I dont have word on my home PC. I am about to start dusting off the old CV so once the wedding is out the way I can start job hunting.

Only thing is without word I am a bit stuck. I know I can buy it but not going into Brighton for a week or so and you never know what you getting on-line eg could come tomorrow / could take weeks.

My mate reckons you can download a sort of word version which is basically the same but free. Anyone aware of this.

If not what will word cost me and is it idiot proof to install?

Thanks
Dave

You beat me to it Smiffy, remember if you want to use the new version in Word, then make sure you save it as Word document otherwise it defaults to the Openoffice doc type.

Definitely use Open Office, it's free... and very similar to word. Make sure you save the file in the .doc format, as Andee says

Nip down to WH Smith and buy a couple of stencils.

Some different coloured biros might catch the eye.

If you think I am talking bolleaux this same approach helped my brother win a 'Ratbag' in a Roland Rat 'Rat on the road' postal competition in the mid 1980s.

It seems to me that you are playing for even higher stakes so you have to ask yoursel - Can I afford to take chances?

Last edited:
Dave you should use http://docs.google.com not only free also doesnt need any software installed plus your document is online, so you can access from any computer in the world, very useful for when holly breaks your laptop, you won't lose a word. you need to create an account though which takes a minute

can i get some green for that?

Back