• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tyrone Barnett

Thought he looked alright when he came on but certainly didn't show anything that I'd want back here. Definitely chubbed up a little bit though. Don't like the boos either. He did us no wrong

Tyrone walked to Phil Brown after the game and they warmly shook hands, which was a nice show of respect from Tyrone especially after his permanent move here was abandoned after Nile Ranger became available.

You were lucky then, definitely some booing in the West.

Yes, there was some in the West.

Personally just didn't get it, professional player came here on loan, gave of his best while he was here, permanent deal didn't work out, so moved on to ply his trade elsewhere, never threw his toys out of the pram and behaved like a true pro. To my mind that deserves due respect not booing.:nope:

I like abusing ex players. Makes it uncomfortable for him...

But each to their own.

Ask most players and they dont enjoy playing Upton Park/the old den etc and it's a lot down to the atmosphere created.

Personally just didn't get it, professional player came here on loan, gave of his best while he was here, permanent deal didn't work out, so moved on to ply his trade elsewhere, never threw his toys out of the pram and behaved like a true pro. To my mind that deserves due respect not booing.:nope:

Exactly right. He came along to the JB day at Marsh Farm last year (all the loanees were sent), and unlike most, he stayed for the day and brought his whole family along, even paying for the missus and three kids to come in. Was really gracious about anything we asked of him during the time and a pleasure to deal with. Most of them come along for the allotted hour and then bugger off as soon as they can.

I like abusing ex players. Makes it uncomfortable for him...

But each to their own.

Ask most players and they dont enjoy playing Upton Park/the old den etc and it's a lot down to the atmosphere created.
I think it often makes them try harder and play better or it always seems to with Matt Harrold anyway! :winking:

I think it's part and parcel of the game unless the player is a club legend.

Not really a surprise as most of the people sitting in the west aren't the full ticket... :OBL:

Only ever turned up when Sky were down. Thought he was lazy and certainly didn't help himself when he told someone to **** off at Blackpool away last year.

There was a smattering of boos in the West. I thought it was a bit unnecessary and, as someone else said, in the past it has only ever motivated ex-players to play well against us. I'd rather save the hostile reaction for a player who deserves it.

We gave Roycie a great reception for QPR and he thanked us by kicking one off of Bradbury and into the net. Contrast that with Matt Harrold turning into Ronaldo every time we played him.

It has been said before but the Club could help create a more positive reaction to ex-Shrimpers by acknowledging them during the line-ups with a 'please welcome back to Roots Hall to....' like certain other clubs do. The boos really are just an acknowledgement of the player half the time.

There was a smattering of boos in the West. I thought it was a bit unnecessary and, as someone else said, in the past it has only ever motivated ex-players to play well against us. I'd rather save the hostile reaction for a player who deserves it.

We gave Roycie a great reception for QPR and he thanked us by kicking one off of Bradbury and into the net. Contrast that with Matt Harrold turning into Ronaldo every time we played him.

It has been said before but the Club could help create a more positive reaction to ex-Shrimpers by acknowledging them during the line-ups with a 'please welcome back to Roots Hall to....' like certain other clubs do. The boos really are just an acknowledgement of the player half the time.

I was hoping Mike on the Mic would have said something similar and later "attendance 6.721 with 602 travelling Wombles"
He did announce Corr as "Big Bad Barry Corr" the once and got some cheers for it from the crowd; but did he get reminded of decorum by the club?

We gave Roycie a great reception for QPR and he thanked us by kicking one off of Bradbury and into the net.

Most of the crowd singing "Roycey is a Shrimper" after that goal was a joy to behold. I'm sure he was singing along in his head himself.

Back