• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have boycotted this farcical "competition" and that would include a Wembley final should we get there, but each to their own.

Well done TZ. :thumbsup:

Kay what's the trusts stance on this?

I think it's a bit unfair you singling me out for comment.

As you know, the Trust is committed to provide a service for supporters to attend all 1st team games. As far as I am aware, that remains the case in this instance. There will be those supporters who do wish to travel, and the Trust continues to provide transport for those who wish to use it.

I don't really understand why Stevenage are being singled out for this boycott. Had it been an U23 venue then I might have, but it's taking revenue away from a club that could well do with it.

This is my own view, by the way, and not in any way an "official" response.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the stance on this. I would understand it more if we were playing an under 23 premiershite team, but we are not, and by doing it only shows lack of support towards a fellow lower division club who we would have travelled to previously imo.

I take it that if we end up in the final against an under 23's then this same principle of boycott will be upheld otherwise why bother to do it in the first place?

I think it's a bit unfair you singling me out for comment.

As you know, the Trust is committed to provide a service for supporters to attend all 1st team games. As far as I am aware, that remains the case in this instance. There will be those supporters who do wish to travel, and the Trust continues to provide transport for those who wish to use it.

I don't really understand why Stevenage are being singled out for this boycott. Had it been an U23 venue then I might have, but it's taking revenue away from a club that could well do with it.

This is my own view, by the way, and not in any way an "official" response.

Sorry not singling you out, it's just your the only person you can count on getting a response from on here.

Sorry not singling you out, it's just your the only person you can count on getting a response from on here.

And, as you also know, that attracts a lot of flak too.

Unless I say otherwise, I'm ALWAYS commenting from my own perspective.

I'm not a fan of this competition but why boycott Stevenage. Surely the league clubs need to show solidarity against the u23s.

I'm not a fan of this competition but why boycott Stevenage. Surely the league clubs need to show solidarity against the u23s.

Not certain why, but perhaps its because Stevenage are the 1st away fixture in this joke competition??

FWIW hate their ground anyway.

Discounting the u23s. What would make this competition more enjoyable is if each year the final was at a different venue.

The Emirates one year anfield the next etc.

Putting virtual youth teams into the thing is bizarre.

My idea.

Offside banned
Prem and champ clubs go into 1st round....the team they field must play the next league game or points deduction..that will stop them playing reserve teams.
League 1 and 2 clubs all drawn at home in first round thus guaranteeing small clubs have money injection

In all honesty - the current situation is the result of a truly pointless competition doing just about anything to survive.
Pointless competition , with or without Prem Academy teams.
Shut the bloody competition down. Make Wembley a place for League Clubs to go when there is something worthwhile and crucial on offer.
The charade that was The TinPot Trophy game versus Alex could not on any level be compared to the waves of differing emotion of the Play-Off Final. One game was a meaningless friendly and a day out - the other? MATTERED!!!

Agreed they should disband the competition.

They should kind of combine it with the League Cup and include all teams, bar those in Europe and have groups regionalized but to include one premier side and championship side or at least two championship sides, so we could be say : West Ham, Brentford, Southend, Col Ewe and maybe one other, depending how the groups would work to get a knockout stage of 32 teams.

That way, you are guaranteed games against bigger clubs and it might make the League Cup more interesting.

Premier and Championship clubs can then choose to play their kids if they want or take the competition seriously.

This is the 2nd game in 10 years that a coach travel service hasn't been offered. Just out of interest, what was the other?

Thanks!

Many people, myself included, are not going to any of the games. Wembley included.

That's the game that really matters - not saying this action is wrong. I'm apposed to the tournament format too.

But if supporters could come together to boycott Wembley, [if it was a Football League team v U23 team] it would be massive.

Back