• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UK stag do

stu blue

Schoolboy
hello fellow shrimpers!! you will see that i have been a long time member on here but dont post much, but i really need some help and i know the wealth of knowledge on here will see me right. Im the best man for a friends wedding at the end of August and i have got to obviously sort out the stag do. we are all Essex/London based and i am looking to do the whole weekend starting friday the 12th of August. All i can get from the stag is he wants to stay in the England to keep it cheap and ensure maximum attendance. There will be about 15 of us aged 30-35. Please share any good/bad experiences of locations in England and any good/bad activities you have participated in. At the moment I am not sure whether to hire a large country house for the weekend with maybe an activity or night out chucked in, or do a city/club/pub/bar sort of place. Any websites and speech ideas would be greatly received aswell!!

Cheers,

Stu (UTB)

Can't remember where I read it but why the weekend? Back room of a pub, box of McCoys, cheap stripper, kebab on the way home.

Had a superb weekend in Newcastle on a mates stag. Absolutely crazy place!!

Do what I am doing and combine it with the first away game of the season!

This is it, I reckon. Fixtures are out soon and if we're away somewhere good (or somewhere close to somewhere good) then at least you can prepare the groom for his forthcoming disappointment by subjecting him to 90 mins of SUFC. Seriously, if it's say, Bristol Rovers, then you've got most of the right ingredients; plenty of hostelries, football, a good party city and even a Hooters restaurant, I gather.

We did Wycombe away and then back to london for a mate's stag, all in one day. Everyone had a cracking time, even those that aren't Southend. Weekend-long stags are secretly hated by most people who aren't drowning in a sea of disposable income, especially these days.

Done both Newcastle and Adult weekend at Butlins ...Both crazy in there own rights .....get some weirdo's at Butlins so have to stieve through and try and nick a decent bird , where as Newcastle is just full on and Birds are very very friendly indeed !!

Liverpool is cool and full of stunning chicks also but wrong'un fella's who don;t like us southerners .

O and as you can see our activities were all women related .

Yeah Blackpool is ****ing scum, it's alright in terms of birds but the clubs are awful and the whole town stinks. Newcastle was superb because there's a range (more classy and then just pure grime)... the birds are all gagging for it and the lads are actually genuinely friendly, football mad and like the fact you support Southend. Really enjoyed the stag up there, we went to the dogs which isn't far away, and it's cheap as chips for pints and trebles and stuff.

cheers for your inputs lads.... i think i am leaning towards Newcastle after the reviews on here. Have been to Blackpool before, i didnt think it was that great, it reminded me a bit of Yarmouth!! Butlins is a non-runner too, as the dates we were looking at didnt have any decent weekends on. I think i may bear in mind an away trip to watch SUFC, and if it was Bristol that would be great so i will be checkingthe fixtures later today. Has anyone tried Bournemouth? Or managed to hire a big country place for a stag weekend?

If you want cheap and not a total ******** then Brighton or Bournemouth are both good options.

I have done Blackpool a few times and it's a total **** hole. Really would not recommend it. Comparable to a weekend in the third world.

Back