• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

uncle ron splash the cash

graysblue

Banned
ronald,

give the greatest blues gaffer decent cash otherwise the fanbase will begin strinking.

in truth uncle ron you should have gave tilly the dosh maybe at least a month ago,we all knew bailey was offski and gower had long gone.

dont expect these kids to bail us out because in this very tough division they need help on the green stuff ie decent midfielder who can dictate the play.

People seem quick to blame RM, but maybe it's that Tilly's search for 'better than what we've got' isn't very fruitful, and Tilly has nothing for RM to back him! If Tilly comes to RM with the name of a player who will cost money but that he desperately wants and who will improve the team, then I have no hesitation that RM will get him IF HE CAN. But maybe, just maybe, Tilly's just not finding the players.

People seem quick to blame RM, but maybe it's that Tilly's search for 'better than what we've got' isn't very fruitful, and Tilly has nothing for RM to back him! If Tilly comes to RM with the name of a player who will cost money but that he desperately wants and who will improve the team, then I have no hesitation that RM will get him IF HE CAN. But maybe, just maybe, Tilly's just not finding the players.

If thats the case, then it's time for changes.

We can't always live off past glories.

Perhaps Tilson has taken the club as far as he can....

ha ha haaaaaa you are a feking legend nice one

lets have a gander at things.

flavs offered an insulting 1 year deal
gower should have been offered an improved deal 12 months ago
does anyone really think tilly wanted gower to leave?

with fan support holding up at the moment the current crowds generate decent dollar to warrant a punt in the market.

for me tilly is working on a shoestring budget and he needs help.............fast.

Ah, get tilly out post, a classic. Wake up please, who do you propose we replace him with? let him do his job hes doing ok on limited funds and trying to steady the ship.

that a answer to everything sack the manager bring a new guy great sounds
extactly what the fans are trying to do in East London

They might get there wish but the only difference they have more money in the bank than we will ever have at this present time

so a new manager for them will have probaly have money to spend when the transfer window re-opens

we on the other would have a new man with the same team and no money to spend

what is the bloody point in that

stick with tilly

Classic thread. Ron's not going to jeopardize the clubs future to please the fans.

Given the revenue this club has generated through transfer fees over the past two years, the fact our average gate is in excess of 8,000, there was a share issue, and we are about to embark on a new stadium build which will help secure the long term future of the club, I hardly think bringing in a couple of players, an experienced midfielder for example, is going to jeopardise the chances of our club surviving!!

To be fair, none of us here know if the reluctance to replace Nicky Bailey is down to RM not stumping up the cash, or Tilly not being able to find an adequate replacement - but I fail to believe that, as a relatively experienced manager, he would yet to have been able to identify at least one midfielder he would want to bring in.

Whoever is the reason for the lack of activity in replacing Nicky Bailey matters little, the only thing that does matter is that it is sorted out PDQ otherwise it will be a long season for us all.

i reckon tilsons hands are well and truly tied?trying to get loan players so early in the season is in my mind means the pursestrings are closed.

we all know fans are fickle,if results continue the crowds will begin to dwindle.

which in turn means less revenue,in addition if the club were relegated there would be little point building 22k stadium whilst playing in level 4.

i reckon tilsons hands are well and truly tied?trying to get loan players so early in the season is in my mind means the pursestrings are closed.

we all know fans are fickle,if results continue the crowds will begin to dwindle.

which in turn means less revenue,in addition if the club were relegated there would be little point building 22k stadium whilst playing in level 4.

or he may have brought in the loan players early before they go to other clubs? Steve Tilson is the right man for the job as he has got a record for delivering us success on a budget

tilson is the ONLY man for the job,this guy has delivered success after success and trebled the crowds and remember also saved the club from dropping into the conference.

fans have to understand tilly without any cash cannot just pluck suitable players from thin air.

aaaah and soo Rons plan kicks into gear

Given the revenue this club has generated through transfer fees over the past two years, the fact our average gate is in excess of 8,000, there was a share issue, and we are about to embark on a new stadium build which will help secure the long term future of the club, I hardly think bringing in a couple of players, an experienced midfielder for example, is going to jeopardise the chances of our club surviving!!

RC - will it? Please see the other part of the site. There is nothing to back-up that assertion. I hope that Ron Martin's going to ensure the move to FF will secure the best interests of SUFC. However, as yet, nothing has been revealed other than SUFC will be playing in a bigger new stadium that's going to cost someone a lot of money. How will SUFC benefit financially? It has not been made clear and the lack of detail is a big concern.

Who will benefit from the new property development - will it be SUFC? Will SUFC be a mere tenant having to pay over-the-odds to play in a development that cost an incredible £80m to build?

See the Fossetts Farm and Future of SUFC part of this site for more on this debate.

Back