• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Under 11s girls football

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Anyone know anything about girls football? We've got a couple of very good players at school, one of whom is exceptional. She's only year 5 but has been invited to play in the year 6 BOYS team. She's very sporty and has always only played football for fun, however, we're keen to try and give her the right direction and encouragement.

I know about the SUFC soccer schools, but they're both in Southend this holiday, we're really looking for something she can get involved with a bit closer to home, meaning Benfleet. Having said that though, I will give her the information for Whitsun (Easter happened too quickly for her to commit), don't know if there's anything or anyone even at the club that might be able to help?

I think that they can play in mixed teams until they are 11 (or senior school)
The local mini soccer league have several girls in the team.

Personally I would say that was the route as the lass will be competing / training with better players as well as getting good competition as opposed to being possible the best in the team and being held back (and thats solely down to the number of players , teams etc )

http://www.essexcountygirlsfootballleague.co.uk/

looking at the website they only run from U11 upwards, altough there does appear to be Girls only Mini Soccer teams around

Leigh Rambers and Island Girls are local

I think that they can play in mixed teams until they are 11 (or senior school)
The local mini soccer league have several girls in the team.

Personally I would say that was the route as the lass will be competing / training with better players as well as getting good competition as opposed to being possible the best in the team and being held back (and thats solely down to the number of players , teams etc )

http://www.essexcountygirlsfootballleague.co.uk/

looking at the website they only run from U11 upwards, altough there does appear to be Girls only Mini Soccer teams around

Leigh Rambers and Island Girls are local

Thanks also.

Anyone know anything about girls football? We've got a couple of very good players at school, one of whom is exceptional. She's only year 5 but has been invited to play in the year 6 BOYS team. She's very sporty and has always only played football for fun, however, we're keen to try and give her the right direction and encouragement.

I know about the SUFC soccer schools, but they're both in Southend this holiday, we're really looking for something she can get involved with a bit closer to home, meaning Benfleet. Having said that though, I will give her the information for Whitsun (Easter happened too quickly for her to commit), don't know if there's anything or anyone even at the club that might be able to help?

There is a team in Benfleet who I used to train with but they also have a girls team which would be much closer for her - hope that helps

http://www.benfleetfc.com/Womens_&_Girls_Team_2006_7.htm

Girls can play in the boys teams until they switch to 11 a side at under 11.

Speak to the bloke who runs the sports shop behind the South Stand, he runs a girls team, nice bloke ,shame about the team he supports.

Also, not Benfleet, but there is a school holidays course in Basildon backed by Arsenal, google grassrootssoccer.co.uk which is suppoesed to be good.

My son refuses to go on non-SUFC courses so can't comment on others, but the SUFC one at Shoebury is very good.

Back