• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Underrated comedy shows

Adam & Joe are great, as is their BBC6 Podcast!

Yeah I love that Podcast. The Russell Howard / Jon Richardson one was superb too, but Howard just left. Time will tell if it will be as good without him, but so far so good...

Absolutely? Morwenna Banks as the young kid, the Scottish sketches. STONYBRIDGE!

Kevin Turvey... Rik Mayall early 80's thing.

Smack The Pony.

Loads of them!

I rmmended absoñutely for the other awards thing..but it was a sketch show....vvv funny......especially franks' bits in the loos at the end.

My taste in comedy has changed loads as I've gotten older. I'm finding some things I loved just 2 years ago (The smell of Reeves & Mortimer, Game on, That Peter Kay thing) a bit embarrassing to watch now, and other shows I didn't think much of (Nathan Barley, Kath & Kim, Thick of it) taking up all my waking hours now.

I've lost what little respect I had for you after that post. Aside from the fact that you still liked Game On two years ago (!?) The Smell of R and M (while undeniably patchy) retains some classic stuff. I could watch the opening songs and desk sequences quite happily throughout my autumnal years.

I've had several attempts at Kath and Kim too but never seen the appeal. has anyone seen the new Australian comedy on BBC3 set in a school- any good?

Garth Marenghi: Salutations friend. I'm Garth Marenghi, horror writer, although I prefer the term "dreamweaver". When I wrote, directed and starred in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace for television back in the 1980s, I drew deep draughts of inspiration from the dyke of my dreams. Other times I copied the plots from dead authors on whose work the copyright had lapsed. (Shrugs) Bite me.

Has anyone seen the new Australian comedy on BBC3 set in a school- any good?

Summer Heights High? It's brilliant mate, just finished, though i'm sure it'll transfer to BBC2.

Which reminds me: Pulling on BBC3/2 is brilliant as well.

Dean Learner: She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable.

Reed: Listen up ladies, we've got a situation. A little lass has just cracked her nut, and if she croaks, my arse is grass.
Dagless: (voice over) That was Thornton Reed, my boss (cuts to Reed nodding). Head of the department - a ball-buster. But then, he had to answer to Wanton.
Reed: She's here on the express say-so of Wanton, a star pupil you might say, and one that Darkplace has high hopes for.
Sanchez: So far we've given her some Lucozade and that seems to have helped, but she says she's having visions - blood, guts, a real horror show.

Does anyone remember 'The Sean Show' comedy based around Sean Hughes life, his cat called Elvis and the way he put down a phone 'Bye Bye go away, go away'

I've lost what little respect I had for you after that post. Aside from the fact that you still liked Game On two years ago (!?) The Smell of R and M (while undeniably patchy) retains some classic stuff. I could watch the opening songs and desk sequences quite happily throughout my autumnal years.

I've had several attempts at Kath and Kim too but never seen the appeal. has anyone seen the new Australian comedy on BBC3 set in a school- any good?

Well I think I've had to grow into Kath & Kim due to Hannah liking it. I'd never watch it of my own accord, but some of their wordplay is great (when they're getting their kitchen redone and shopping for monogamy cupboards). Reminds me of Gavin & Stacey to a certain extent; easy watching with good characters and the odd laugh.

And I made a mistake there. I meant "Vic Reeves big night out". Actually gave it to my local charity shop, such was its averageness. The smell of... is still superb. As for 'Game on'. Well, everyone's got their guilty pleasure. Mine was Samantha Janus...

Also, anyone remember a hospital based comedy on BBC 2 starring one of Armstrong & Miller (never knew which one was which) and one of the LOGentlemen? Seem to remember it being great?

Called something like D.O.A. or Q.E.D.?

Back