• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Been to Bury before and they had this and also noticed this at Orient

You pay concession price if your unemployed i.e by showing your signing book when purchasing a ticket.

Personally I think its a good idea having been unemployed its a fight to be able to afford to go to games but in the current climate with well over 2 Million unemployed it makes sense

If your unemployed you really shouldnt be wasting what little money you have going to football matches

Wasting???? I don't know about you but I have and never would call spending money watching Southend a waste!

Got to see my angle though just because somebody is unemployed is no reason why they should not be able to at least catch a game of football!

You gotta think though, if you are unemployed and you have no money, whilst football is a great passion for people like you and me, if you don't have a job and you have no money then you can't go. Even if there is a price for people who are unemployed you shouldn't be spending your money on things like that if your life is a constant struggle with your finances.

Regular offers like the '5a' to get in the North Bank would be great and this helps people out who are unemployed AND people who are strapped for cash in these ''times''. But to openly have a price for people who; do not have a job (whether that's cos they can't be ****ed to get one which is true in some cases) or people who cannot get any work no matter how hard they try, really takes the **** in my opinion.

The hard working people (who could be considered lucky to have a job these days) who go to work all day and already do not get enough funds to be able to pay for a ticket even though they have a job, imagine how they would feel?

The idea if you think about it, is a really nice gesture. But as there are thousands of **** takers on this planet it just cannot work.

People take the view that some people get TOO MUCH for doing basically nothing everyday anyway, so this would cause major trouble across the country!

Bit of a deep view but there you go!

Wasting???? I don't know about you but I have and never would call spending money watching Southend a waste!

Got to see my angle though just because somebody is unemployed is no reason why they should not be able to at least catch a game of football!

Its called making sacrifices and prioritising your lifestyle, i am not saying unemployed people cant go to football matches, but i would definately put putting food on the table ahead of football

Going to Football games is not a basic human necessity or need, and as others have said, if you are struggling for money, it is a 'luxury' that you could probably do without.

On the other hand, if a stadium is half full, it surely better to sell 100 extra seats at half the price than no seats at full price.

Yes obviously our ticket office staff will have to remain stringent but get it right could see a few unable to afford to go able to!

HaHaHaHaHa our ticket office would never get it right!

If your unemployed you really shouldnt be wasting what little money you have going to football matches

Why? If you have no commitments whats the issue?

At the end of the day, its bums on seats, and when they get employed and are hooked to the football, they will want to pay full prices..

Would work well for the club and the supporter in the long run

So it's better to sit at home and sink into black gloom and depression? No, I don't think so, and I think clubs should have a separate pricing structure for those unemployed (verified by one means or another). If it's a choice between going and hopefully enjoying a football match or slumped alone smoking roll ups then I know which does you more good!

I signed on a couple of years ago as a condition of my MPPI insurance (which I never ended up claiming if youve read the other thread) and had the joys of going to the job centre a couple of times.

I know theres plenty of good hard working people unemployed but there are also lots of people out there who make no effort at all to get a job.

I would hope most people who want to work will only be unemployed a short while and wouldnt benefit as much as the long term layabouts.

Sorry but I dont see why we should subsidise them.

could always do volunter work? although i wouldnt do that even if you paid me.

My son is doing this, 2 days a week for as long as they need him, filing, data input and analysis, shredding, mail shots etc. He's actually enjoying feeling worthwhile doing something.

could always do volunter work? although i wouldnt do that even if you paid me.

Would you do volunteer work if you were forced to do it ?

:dizzy:

How about an earn your ticket scheme for the unemployed ? You do 2 hours of volunteer work on behalf of SUFC in a community based scheme to earn your ticket.

Everyones a winner.

I would have to say no, I know some people who never work but get more in benefits than some people do who work a 40 hour week. Why should they then get in the ground for a reduced price?

If you want to fill up the empty seats give some tickets to the local kids teams or local schools.

I would have to say no, I know some people who never work but get more in benefits than some people do who work a 40 hour week. Why should they then get in the ground for a reduced price?

If you want to fill up the empty seats give some tickets to the local kids teams or local schools.
They do this quite enough already for my liking!

Back