• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Up for sale ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
a coherent strand of management from Tilson has always been to allow players every opportunity to move on ..... to progress

with a talented group of young league one players and RM prepared to listen it seems nothing will stop players leaving if the offer is right -

so who's worth what ......

personally thought 150k was too little for Simon Francis - whats 300k to a championship club ? 350 ?

as for some others - Moussa 20 years old - proven league one pro with more to come - 750 ?

Granty ?

Mildy - 150 ?

Laurent ?

JFC ?

Macca - 200 - ok 300 if theres nothing else about

a little test of ambition for Tilly and RM - why not say no-ones leaving til the summer ?

I doubt any club will pay 750k, not even Man City!

Every player has his price and it is true here aswell. Just because Ron Martin accepted a bid doesn't mean that we WANT to sell.

Are you having a giraffe? Moussa, £750k? Macca is, of course, irreplaceable.

I think we'd be lucky to raise over £1m for the sum total of our 1st team squad if they all were to be sold to be honest.

I think we'd be lucky to raise over £1m for the sum total of our 1st team squad if they all were to be sold to be honest.

Depends on the club who are offering and what they have been sniffing/smoking.

In my opinion...I will comment on players who may fetch a price we could'nt turn down - ecspecially with our finances.

I personally would want more but being realistic and the club is skint - how much can they turn down??

Moussa - £200,000 Young and steady but does'nt dominate a game and does'nt score enough goals. Come through the Ranks so any half decent offer is money made in the clubs eyes

Granty - £250,000 decent player, discipline will improve with age. Would see a quick profit on him.

McCormack - not the same player he was, would we offload a big earner like him for something reasonable like £150k

Barney - considering he will walk in the summer for nothing, would it be sensible to turn down £150k - £200k?

Francis - £150k if selling him means keeping the above players then I would gladly take it. Needs to be replaced though

Is anyone else decent enough to attract a bid....Laurent maybe?

All of these players, with the exception of Francis would have been relatively cheap buys for us. Therefore it's only to be expected that if the right offer comes in, they will go - much as that pains me to admit it. Laurent is an absolute shoe in as well, I firmly believe we're paying him and probably Jeff, very little.

If Francis is worth £150k to the board then I dont see any other player being above that bearing in mind he has played in the championship unlike most of the squad. Barney and Barrett perhaps the only exceptions. I imagine Col U probably bid around £250k for Barrett and Barney would go for the same. The rest, well frankly on this seasons evidence not worth a lot!

I reckon Jeff may be on a little more than Laurent.....he did come from Portsmouth

Yep, I agree with that, but being completely a fringe player I still don't think it would be a helluva lot. FWIW, this is the hierarchal order as I see it regarding wages at SUFC atm:

Dougie; Barrett; Revs; Mildy; Franno; Macca; Barney; Betsy; Grant; Walker; Moussa; Jeff; Laurent; Sankofa; Joyce; Herd; Scannell; O'Keefe; Calver.

a coherent strand of management from Tilson has always been to allow players every opportunity to move on ..... to progress

with a talented group of young league one players and RM prepared to listen it seems nothing will stop players leaving if the offer is right -

personally thought 150k was too little for Simon Francis - whats 300k to a championship club ? 350 ?

as for some others - Moussa 20 years old - proven league one pro with more to come - 750 ?

Granty ?

Mildy - 150 ?

Laurent ?

JFC ?

a little test of ambition for Tilly and RM - why not say no-ones leaving til the summer ?

Way off on all valuations...are you seriously of the opinion that if we sold two of our regular midfielders then we could make over a million quid?!?!?! Come off it!!!!!

Barnard aside , Grant is easily the most valuable player we have and the most versitile i reckon a championship side such as QPR would easily stump up 350k for him . A proven goal scorer like Barney would be worth a fair bit more if he had more time left on his contract . The rest cant see a 100k player amongst them !

Barnard aside , Grant is easily the most valuable player we have and the most versitile i reckon a championship side such as QPR would easily stump up 350k for him . A proven goal scorer like Barney would be worth a fair bit more if he had more time left on his contract . The rest cant see a 100k player amongst them !
Well you're blind then

Granty ?

Mildy - 150 ?

Laurent ?

JFC ?

Memory's failing me, wasn't it you that suggested £4M a fair price for Freddy? If it wasn't then apologies

Yep, I agree with that, but being completely a fringe player I still don't think it would be a helluva lot. FWIW, this is the hierarchal order as I see it regarding wages at SUFC atm:

Dougie; Barrett; Revs; Mildy; Franno; Macca; Barney; Betsy; Grant; Walker; Moussa; Jeff; Laurent; Sankofa; Joyce; Herd; Scannell; O'Keefe; Calver.

I've had it on good authority that Barney's wage at present isn't as pitiful as made out. I never heard this whilst playing golf, this came from someone who knows his mrs and she is quite liberal with telling things about his usual football related goings on.

I've had it on good authority that Barney's wage at present isn't as pitiful as made out. I never heard this whilst playing golf, this came from someone who knows his mrs and she is quite liberal with telling things about his usual football related goings on.

I have spoken to Barneys 'Mrs' on a few occasions, as have many others on here, i have never found her "quite liberal" about personal football matters, i have also never spoken to anyone else on here who have said she is liberal in her conversation. Maybe this "someone" caught her with her guard down. UTB.

Actually I'd give the OP a bit of slack here...players are worth what clubs are willing to pay for them, not some arbitary value us fans place on them, so it seems that Francis is currently worth 150k and earlier this season Macca was worth 200k.

We're also in the January transfer window where prices are inflated because losing a player mid-season is very disruptive so right now maybe some of our players are worth silly money to a club that is desperate enough.

I have spoken to Barneys 'Mrs' on a few occasions, as have many others on here, i have never found her "quite liberal" about personal football matters, i have also never spoken to anyone else on here who have said she is liberal in her conversation. Maybe this "someone" caught her with her guard down. UTB.

Women eh?

That said, I hope Franny Laurent is on at least £65,000 a week. He deserves it.

Well you're blind then

It's called being realistic.

With the market being the way it is, transfer fees are next to nothing. Contrary to popular opinion, £150k for Simon Francis is the current market value for a League One right back. The squad at the moment doesn't hold much value as it mainly consists of proven, yet ageing League One players or young players who aren't yet established.

Players with Premiership pedigree, be it as a Yoof or otherwise, will always sell for more. Grant could fetch £250k or so, JFC could maybe fetch £150k if a Club is looking for a midfielder that can't pass.

All the rest, Barnard aside, wouldn't fetch more than £100k in a month of Sundays...

Back