• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Up for sale ?

All the rest, Barnard aside, wouldn't fetch more than £100k in a month of Sundays...

I gave up trying to place a value on players a long time ago. I think most managers look at their team in terms of a jigsaw and if they see a player who fits then they will pay what most fans think is a silly amount of money for them. Tilly certainly falls into this category.

Memory's failing me, wasn't it you that suggested £4M a fair price for Freddy? If it wasn't then apologies

yep - stand by it - to an extent its a game of bluff - Nugent went for 6m and hes not all that - another good season in the CCC and Freddy will be go for that sort of money - what is this years league ones hot property, Beckford, worth ?

Moussa is an interesting one cos hes all about potential - 20 yeard old and played every game for us in 2009 - would look better at a higher level with better players around him ....

the real question was about the clubs ambition - and being prepared to break up this team means show zero ambition on the pitch - this year.... thats what bothers me -

why not say to the players you are staying put and your careers will be in a better place if you do something in this league with this club until June 2010 -

i reckon macca- 500k

barney 300k (only cos contract out otherise id say 900k)
laurent (in form) 500k
barret 300k
everone else not much my opinion

Memory's failing me, wasn't it you that suggested £4M a fair price for Freddy? If it wasn't then apologies

I personally think £4m would have been a fair price for Freddy (especially given that David Nugent somehow went for £6m around the same time!) but only if he was under a longer contract at Roots Hall. Unfortunately for us I think around £1.5m was about the going rate given that he only had a year left. Shame. :'(

EDIT: Rayleigh boy I didn't read your post above before typing this one so apologies for stepping on your point.

Last edited:
Accept it Macca is shank

The comment I replied to valued only Grant and Barnard at over £100k, if you're telling me that in your opinion that's correct then fine, if not then just check your facts before misquoting me.

I did post a few weeks ago saying barney maybe a mil even more we could milk out, but i didnt realise he was out of contract in the summer, with that hes worth about 300k there or there abouts most people agree with that. Id have to agree with others on the rest of the squad though, grant a more valuable asseset because of his age and potential. I dont think Macca is worth more than 200k, but with that said the transfer market is unbelivably overpriced atm. Francis is a standard right-back nothing special and 150k is a reasonable price. Laurent can look amazing and beat 3 players then fall over hes own feet so couldnt see us getting much

Just a thought ... how much do you think we would get for Barrett if we approached the WWF ? some of his wrestling holds are second to none !

We got very little when we sold them Damien Scannell

17528_mvp.jpg

Let's have a go then...
Steve Mildenhall - £150k-200k
Simon Francis - £200k
JFC - £100k-150k
Adam Barrett - £150k
Anthony Grant - £200k-250k
Alan McCormack - £250k-300k
Lee Barnard - £300k-500k
Jimmy Walker - £100k
Alex Revell - £75k-100k
Damian Scannell - £50k
Franck Moussa - £350k
Osei Sankofa - £75k
Dougie Freedman - £75k
Johnny Herd - £100k
Kevin Betsy - £50k
Stuart O'Keefe - £25k
Ian Joyce - £25k
Francis Laurent - £200k
Total (based on lowest figures): £2,475,000
Rough guesses, some probably way out.

a coherent strand of management from Tilson has always been to allow players every opportunity to move on ..... to progress

with a talented group of young league one players and RM prepared to listen it seems nothing will stop players leaving if the offer is right -

so who's worth what ......

personally thought 150k was too little for Simon Francis - whats 300k to a championship club ? 350 ?

as for some others - Moussa 20 years old - proven league one pro with more to come - 750 ?

Granty ?

Mildy - 150 ?

Laurent ?

JFC ?

Macca - 200 - ok 300 if theres nothing else about

a little test of ambition for Tilly and RM - why not say no-ones leaving til the summer ?

were you ****ed when you wrote this? :dim:

Let's have a go then...
Steve Mildenhall - £60k
Simon Francis - £200k
JFC - £100k
Adam Barrett - £100k
Anthony Grant - £200k
Alan McCormack - £150k
Lee Barnard - £75k
Jimmy Walker - £25k
Alex Revell - £25k
Damian Scannell - £25k
Franck Moussa - £100k
Osei Sankofa - £25k
Dougie Freedman - £0k
Johnny Herd - £50k
Kevin Betsy - £50k
Stuart O'Keefe - £10k
Ian Joyce - £0k
Francis Laurent - £25.5m
My personal opinion on values, before people ask Barnard 75k? He's out of contract, it's down to the buying club to get the player for as little as possible for what could prove to be another Constantwhine.

Let's have a go then...
Steve Mildenhall - £150k-200k
Simon Francis - £200k
JFC - £100k-150k
Adam Barrett - £150k
Anthony Grant - £200k-250k
Alan McCormack - £250k-300k
Lee Barnard - £300k-500k
Jimmy Walker - £100k
Alex Revell - £75k-100k
Damian Scannell - £50k
Franck Moussa - £350k
Osei Sankofa - £75k
Dougie Freedman - £75k
Johnny Herd - £100k
Kevin Betsy - £50k
Stuart O'Keefe - £25k
Ian Joyce - £25k
Francis Laurent - £200k
Total (based on lowest figures): £2,475,000
Rough guesses, most probably way out.

Corrected.

Freedman wouldn't fetch a fee. He's almost certainly retiring at the end of the season. We paid £5k for Scannell and he's done the square root of sod all, So his current value is £20k, tops. Francis Laurent can't pass or cross the ball yet, so as a winger he's a bit skillful, and nobody is paying £200k for skillful.

Form is temporary, but it's what dictates your price. £300k for Alan McCormack who can't pass water and is terribly off form? Not likely. Mildenhall is in his 30's, so he's never going to fetch £200k. James Walker, another player who has only scored semi-consistently in League Two... So £100k is way, way out of his price range.

I think a team with a bit of cash might think £200k for Laurent could be decent money. He's got something about him and could make a decent name for himself if he can polish his game a bit.

£350k for Moussa is about £300k too much.

Back