• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Update from training ground : Wed 7/5/08

Dont think I've ever seen such a large first team squad training at Boots and Laces ! Maher took full part and looked as capable as ever .. Scannell took full part which was a bit of a surprise as I thought he told someone on here on Saturday that he was injured , also a surprise to me that Grant is back from Chelski ! ? and sporting the most amazing / ridiculous Afro !! Huge !! . It was an intense session and Macca looks like a man possesed and almost too fired up !! ( a bit like Gazza before the FA Cup final with Forest ) . They finished with a pen shoot out with the losing pair having the forfeit of having to do a presentation ceremony for one of the local Sunday Leagues this Saturday night . The losing pair were Black and a very ****ed off Macca !!! .... but last I heard they were trying to pay off one of the junior squad members £100 to do the duty for them !!!!!!!!!!!

All good news there mate, glad Grant is back, maybe we will get him on a free when the window opens.

Hopefully this means we'll be getting Grant in the summer with any luck, i know we haven't seen a great deal of him as his appearances have been limited to a sub he does look a good player.

Dont think I've ever seen such a large first team squad training at Boots and Laces ! Maher took full part and looked as capable as ever .. Scannell took full part which was a bit of a surprise as I thought he told someone on here on Saturday that he was injured , also a surprise to me that Grant is back from Chelski ! ? and sporting the most amazing / ridiculous Afro !! Huge !! . It was an intense session and Macca looks like a man possesed and almost too fired up !! ( a bit like Gazza before the FA Cup final with Forest ) . They finished with a pen shoot out with the losing pair having the forfeit of having to do a presentation ceremony for one of the local Sunday Leagues this Saturday night . The losing pair were Black and a very ****ed off Macca !!! .... but last I heard they were trying to pay off one of the junior squad members £100 to do the duty for them !!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like Maccas penalty-taking hasn't improved from the Daggers game at the beginning of the season!

Would it kill McCormack and Black to do that? Find it a bit tragic that they're so desperate to get out of it.

Would like to see us sign Grant. I think the first choice pair in the middle will be Bailey and Macca, I still don't think Moussa is up to par yet, especially if we are promoted to the Championship.

I'd like us to sign Grant and Spring from Luton for competition in the central midfield spots.

Would like to see us sign Grant. I think the first choice pair in the middle will be Bailey and Macca, I still don't think Moussa is up to par yet, especially if we are promoted to the Championship.

I'd like us to sign Grant and Spring from Luton for competition in the central midfield spots.

Worth a shot as all their players are up for sale, good player aswell.

Does it sound like a great way to spend Saturday night to you ?

No, but if I finished work at 1 o'clock every day I think I might stretch to being a "celebrity" for a night and making some potential Blues' fan's night.

He was crap for the Gills when Rovers recently played them, I think there are better players for Tilly to play ahead of Maher.

Would it kill McCormack and Black to do that? Find it a bit tragic that they're so desperate to get out of it.

My thoughts exactly - playing the game is a privelege. How many of us would kill to be good enough to make the grade? The kids would be made up by the appearance of one of these boys - not sure their enthusiasm would be the same for an under 18. Disappointing attitude if true.

When you consider the attitude of most of the players I've come across at signings and soccer schools and such like, I'm quite surprised by this. You'd never get Bazza, Che or Hunty (old school Southend players!), for instance, behaving like that - it's rather disrespectful in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly - playing the game is a privelege. How many of us would kill to be good enough to make the grade? The kids would be made up by the appearance of one of these boys - not sure their enthusiasm would be the same for an under 18. Disappointing attitude if true.

Bore off and forget about it if true. Lets all concentrate on the game first and foremost. We don't want any negativity around the place this now!!

UTB's!

Back