• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
I know there's a lot of anti-Murray people on here but watching him has become really comelling in the last few months. I sort of vaguely followed tennis when Henman was our best hope but I never had the feeling that on his day, he could compete with the very best. Well, Murray looks as though he can. His shotmaking is phenomenal and he makes amazing defensive shots look as though they are simple.

His biggest problem seems to be his fitness but in his match with Gonzalez he showed that he can go 5 sets now against a very physically fit opponent and come out on top.

Admittedly, Gonzalez should have upped his intensity in the 7th game of the fourth set but Murray showed amazing resolve to win this match and I reckon he's a good bet to make it past the next guy as well.

On top of that, Agassi's retierment was pretty moving really. Ok, the match could have been more of a fitting send off but what I found remarkable was the way he managed to speak unscripted and make a fantastic speech. I think most people would have struggled to write something as good as that.

Agree that Murray is now looking like the "Real Thing", and his stamina issues seem to be resolving themselves.

On the Agassi front, he went down a great deal in my estimation delivering that stomach churning American schmaltz. I'd give his Mrs one though.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 04 2006,16:25)]I'd give his Mrs one though.
tounge.gif
If you can get past her nose...!

Didn't see Agassi's speech as I swapped channels when he lost, but he was always a character and the game will be lesser for his absence.

As for Murray, he's developing well and looks like he could turn into a top 5 player. Some of his shots yesterday were spectacular, and he seems to be getting more consistency into his game as well. Perhaps he IS the man that will end Britain's grand slam drought...

Not really, I just cant stick anyone who backtracks from a heartfelt comment and tries to bullsh!t that it was out of context. I can read even if he likes to think i can't. Wheres the Brazil shirt, t%$$&r??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Sep. 05 2006,22:47)]Wheres the Brazil shirt, t%$$&r??
Don't entirely get this. He's not Welsh and Davydenko's certainly not Brazillian...

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 05 2006,22:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Sep. 05 2006,22:47)]Wheres the Brazil shirt, t%$$&r??
Don't entirely get this. He's not Welsh and Davydenko's certainly not Brazillian...

suspect.gif
Because like all Scotsmen, he hates England to do well and would rather support the team we are playing. So when the BBC try to kid you into thinking that our friends from over the border are cheering us on, infact shirt sales for the opposition have hit record highs in Scotland. Hence the Brasil mention.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Sep. 05 2006,23:30)]
[b said:
[b said:
Don't entirely get this.  He's not Welsh and Davydenko's certainly not Brazillian...

suspect.gif
Because like all Scotsmen, he hates England to do well and would rather support the team we are playing. So when the BBC try to kid you into thinking that our friends from over the border are cheering us on, infact shirt sales for the opposition have hit record highs in Scotland. Hence the Brasil mention.
the bloke is an absolute p%&*k.. fact

Relating to Andy Murray and the video linked in CS J's signature...

Apparently he was offered the chance to join Rangers as a 12 year old.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 06 2006,13:50)]Relating to Andy Murray and the video linked in CS J's signature...

Apparently he was offered the chance to join Rangers as a 12 year old.
and that effects what? i don't like him..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Sep. 05 2006,23:30)]
[b said:
[b said:
Don't entirely get this.  He's not Welsh and Davydenko's certainly not Brazillian...

suspect.gif
Do people still care about that? So what? In tennis he's British and like it or not, he's our only hope at the present moment. It's only a bit of banter, I'm sure you don't support Scotland.

As for the original point, yes he's improving all the time and Gilbert seems to have had an effect already.

Looked very out of sorts this afternoon as he lost the final set 6-0. Nevertheless he's only 19 and if he keeps the improvement up we may see great things of him one day.

It's his potential that's really striking. Ok he lost today but there's no shame in losing to the number 7 seed in the tournament. The positive to take from it is that he could well have won this match and he has the ability to beat pretty much any player on the tour. Once the consistency improves further, he'll be a real handful.

Back