• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Used Car showrooms

Firestorm

Pedant
has anyone got any comments on Cricketfields down the London Rd ?

My daughter is cnsidering buying a car from there and as there are bound to be plenty of people on here with more knowledge of the motor trade than me I thought I'd seek some advice

ta

My advice is never buy from a dealer full stop. They're all conmen, who offer over-priced motors, for little quality.

2nd piece of advice - If you/your daughter decide to get one from a dealer anyway, check www.whatcar.com for all info on specific models, i.e. prices/specific probelms to look for etc

I'm surprised you have to ask.

I thought everyone in Essex was in the used motor game to some degree?

She needs a decent trade in on her tired Ford Puma but does not have a massive amount of money to spend.
They have offered her a good trade in (700) on her Puma for a Megane coupe and she pays 2k

She needs a decent trade in on her tired Ford Puma but does not have a massive amount of money to spend.
They have offered her a good trade in (700) on her Puma for a Megane coupe and she pays 2k

Firstly, i'd use this if I why you, just to guage the deal you're getting. http://www.whatcar.com/valuations

Depending on the condition, year and mileage of the car, the dealer should be offering anywhere between £1k-£2k. What are the details of the Megane? i.e. year, mileage etc

Firstly, i'd use this if I why you, just to guage the deal you're getting. http://www.whatcar.com/valuations

Depending on the condition, year and mileage of the car, the dealer should be offering anywhere between £1k-£2k. What are the details of the Megane? i.e. year, mileage etc

Cheers, I had a look earlier, I am non too convinced that the deal is that good, I am unsure of the age of the car (its mileage is 58K ) but the salesman is apparently rather keen to do the deal, and if the motor is older than a 52 plate (and I suspect it is) think it is a tad overpriced.

Mind you the offer on the Puma might be quite good....

Cheers, I had a look earlier, I am non too convinced that the deal is that good, I am unsure of the age of the car (its mileage is 58K ) but the salesman is apparently rather keen to do the deal, and if the motor is older than a 52 plate (and I suspect it is) think it is a tad overpriced.

Mind you the offer on the Puma might be quite good....

Not neccessarily. For an S reg Puma you're looking at about £1k, but for a 52 reg Puma you're talking in terms of £2k What is your daughters reg and what's the condition like?

for the worst price, I'd try the www.webuyanycar.com for a valuation... If she can do without a car for a week or two, then give it a good clean, stick it in ebay, pistonheads or autotrader for a couple of weeks and see if it sells (pending a decent reserve on ebay). Hopefully it will and then there is a much wider choice on where to buy a car from.

I took the autotrader approach and sold my Zafira in a matter of days for close on the asking price, then it took me nearly 4 weeks to find a replacement car. Ended up getting a car from a Ford Main Dealer in Manchester - £4k cheaper than what Essex Ford were trying to sell me.

Back