• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

V Festival 2006

maldonblue

First XI
Best acts include: Radiohead, Morrissey, Kasabian, Paul Weller, The Magic Numbers, The Charlatans, Bloc Party, The Ordinary Boys, Starsailor, Keane and Editors.

Not very impressed with the line-up for this years festival, but think im gonna go this year anyway as i missed out last year.

Anyway, will certainly be worth going to see the awesome Mr Paul Weller and the lads from Kasabian, who have a new album out in July so they should put in a fantastic setlist!

Went 2 years ago and would never go again. For the same (or less) money you could go and see all of the bands you're most interested in playing a full set, with their own PA (so therefore a vastly a superior sound) and with only a fraction of the tourists in attendance. Festivals are dogsh!t.

Ive had the chance to go this year, but ive turned it down.

Id rather go to Reading or the Download festivals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 28 2006,19:39)]Radiohead quality but this line-up does look a little like an England B team
Joking arent you? In my opinion thats a quality line up (with a few exceptions - Keane in particular).

I'll be there  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Feb. 28 2006,22:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 28 2006,19:39)]Radiohead quality but this line-up does look a little like an England B team
Joking arent you? In my opinion thats a quality line up (with a few exceptions - Keane in particular).

I'll be there
biggrin.gif
Oh yeah its a good line up but not a great line up!
sad.gif

I'm going but tbh it looks quite dissapointing so far. I missed out last year so im not going to miss out again this year!

I'm going to Bennicasim instead. I reckon a festival on the beach in sunny Spain beats V hands down...

I went last year and was on of the highlights of 2005 for me. Very good lineup then and a very messy weekend. this year I am not too impressed with the line up at all. But a few of mates want to go. I will try and get tickets on Friday but if I don't I will not be too disappointed.

However V does not come close to reading. Went in 1999 and was awesome!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Feb. 28 2006,19:55)]Ive had the chance to go this year, but ive turned it down.

do u know who's playing reading this year mate?

Went to V for the first time last year - for the previous 5 years ive been to Reading. It was done as an effort to try and get a few of my 'not so indie & rock' friends a bit more into it. They enjoyed it. I didnt. We are going there again this year
sad.gif

To be fair it was a decent line-up, never seen Oasis live before and wanted to see Nine Black Alps who were awesome although that meant missing Prodigy - probaby worth it.

Have to disagree with people who say festivals are rubbish. Its not just about seeing the bands. If I wanted to do that then I would go to each specific gig. Its about the camping in knee high mud, having a laugh with your mates getting very drunk and coming home in the biggest mess of your life.

Never been a fan of the V festivals, usually I go to Download but this year I'm having a change of scenery and I'm going to Reading.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elmo putney @ Mar. 01 2006,09:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Feb. 28 2006,19:55)]Ive had the chance to go this year, but ive turned it down.

do u know who's playing reading this year mate?
Not officially announced yet but the strong rumours are Muse, Franz Ferdinand and Pearl Jam as headliners with Kaisers, Arctic Monkeys, New Order, Editors and Weller also.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Mar. 01 2006,09:51)]Have to disagree with people who say festivals are rubbish. Its not just about seeing the bands.
Precisely the reason I hate festivals - they're full of people who are there for 'the experience' rather than the music. Just look at Glastonbury - it sells out in minutes before a single band has even been announced!!! Seems to me that people just go to get wasted, wear a psychedelic jesters hat and sit in a f%&king healing field.

horses for courses i suppose. i love listening to the music but also enjoy having a laugh with my freinds getting 'wasted' - at festival you can do both

Nope not me, had the chance but aren't impressed with the line up to be honest.

Back