• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After 27 years he was sacked by the man who has repeatedly failed for the last 17 years to do his job of getting the club a new ground. Who is more crap at his job ?

After 27 years he was sacked by the man who has repeatedly failed for the last 17 years to do his job of getting the club a new ground. Who is more crap at his job ?

He must be due a testimonial.

BEING SERIOUS,

Just another nail in the coffin for me.

I though the pitch has looked in great condition this season - never mind that Roots Hall is now ****hole Mr Martin

Ridiculous, only commented last weekend on how good the pitch looked. It's been what, 6 years since our last postponement?

Would the club really sack the groundsman in the middle of the season?

Must be a pretty good reason, I hope.

Not a criticism --- our Head man got the sack today.

I have to question why it was called off at 11.00. I went out and it was very sunny, though I know the West stand does cover most of the pitch. How much does it cost to buy some sort of cover for the pitch? It might not be worth the money because it doesn't happen often.

Doesn't sound like a sackable offence to me.

Not doubting it's happened, but just seems an odd way to go about things and have no groundsman to prepare the pitch for the next home game.

Must be more to it than that.

Was he really sacked today because the game wasn't played?

Would be typical, Prosser and Bolger get bombed out for being unhappy at not playing, caretaker gets sacked when PB/Ron are unhappy at not playing.

Ridiculous if true, I hope it isn't. The club know there would be a legal challenge

Back