• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

View from the Orient

Lord Griff

Schoolboy
obviously I am gutted to concede such a late goal, as we so desperately need a win....but to say we were outplayed is an understatement.

And to be outplayed by the poorest Southend team I have seen for a LONG time says how bad we are.

If we had lost 2 or 3-1 we couldnt have complained, such was you dominance in the 2nd period.

That said, we did create the better openings in the first half and perhaps could have gone in with more than a 1 goal lead.

I would say that it is the worst professional game, in terms of standard, that I have seen for many a year, but clearly that is down to a severe lack of conficence (and ability) on our part and a severe injury crisis with your mob.

I was impressed with Walker when he came on and Moussa played well IMO. The rest were distinctly average, which is far superior to anything we had on show.

We are doomed, I am sure of that. Southend will follow next season, if investment isn't forthcoming....

obviously I am gutted to concede such a late goal, as we so desperately need a win....but to say we were outplayed is an understatement.

And to be outplayed by the poorest Southend team I have seen for a LONG time says how bad we are.

If we had lost 2 or 3-1 we couldnt have complained, such was you dominance in the 2nd period.

That said, we did create the better openings in the first half and perhaps could have gone in with more than a 1 goal lead.

I would say that it is the worst professional game, in terms of standard, that I have seen for many a year, but clearly that is down to a severe lack of conficence (and ability) on our part and a severe injury crisis with your mob.

I was impressed with Walker when he came on and Moussa played well IMO. The rest were distinctly average, which is far superior to anything we had on show.

We are doomed, I am sure of that. Southend will follow next season, if investment isn't forthcoming....
A fair summary, pretty poor show.

Agreed, it was a terrible game .. but we deserved the point for the effort we put in

And that goal more than makes up for the Ooze last minute leveller last season

I thought that there was a lot of character on display tonight but sadly not a huge amount of ability.

I thought that there was a lot of character on display tonight but sadly not a huge amount of ability.

I think that sums the game up perfectly. The only person who showed any ounce of composure on the ball tonight was Moussa.

Fantastic goal from Walker though, probably the best I've seen this season from a Southend perspective.

That's a coincidence. I thought it was the poorest Orient team I'd ever seen. We were slightly better, but, worryingly, not that much.

That's a coincidence. I thought it was the poorest Orient team I'd ever seen. We were slightly better, but, worryingly, not that much.

LG didn't mean it as an insult, Mick, merely a statement of fact. You were awful, we were worse. 1:1 was a flattering result for both sides; -1:-1 would have been fairer. Utter trash on all parts, with the exception of Moussa, who I thought was excellent.

Just saw the goals on SSNews. They were both very good though eh?

talks alot of sense

LG didn't mean it as an insult, Mick, merely a statement of fact. You were awful, we were worse. 1:1 was a flattering result for both sides; -1:-1 would have been fairer. Utter trash on all parts, with the exception of Moussa, who I thought was excellent.

No more did I; mine was also a statement of fact. Seemed more like a League Two match to me.

No more did I; mine was also a statement of fact. Seemed more like a League Two match to me.

Give it seven months... Walker's goal papered over a lot of cracks, we were truly appalling and if Ron doesn't get his cheque book out we will be relegated.

Back