• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buryaway

Youth Team
I was listening to radio 5 this morning and Mark Pougatch (or however you spell it) and Terry Alderton spent 5 mins talking about Southend in the early 90's when Pougatch was working for BBC Essex.

One of them mentioned a player called village, named after village idiot, and told a story about when the team went away for xmas, and a player didn't have a passport, so he took a southend programme, with him on the front to prove it was him....... he didn't get on the plane!

Anyone know who this was?

thanks!

Mark Pougatch seemed to have a soft spot for us, and went to the anglo italian cup games, i'll listen to five live results with even more interest now when he talks about us!

Didn't this happen to someone like Cheryl Tweedy. Forgot her passport , so popped into the airports WHSmiths store and bought a CD with her on it as proof of I.D.
Seems like a hoary old FOAF story if you ask me.

I've heard a few stories about Adam Locke being as thick as two short planks (see kids, sun beds are bad for you) could be him maybe?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ July 22 2006,15:06)]I've heard a few stories about Adam Locke being as thick as two short planks (see kids, sun beds are bad for you) could be him maybe?
Locke's daughter was clever, 10 GCSE's, lots at A* or A and 4 A levels at B or above, if I remember from when I taught at the grammar school she attended.

Certainly not a chip of the old block if you get my drift!

Back