• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wallace's Realisic (drunk) Championship Side

I am bemused by the disinterest in Jay Smith's fate. He could find his metier in the second tier. Less clogging more skill orientated. Am I the ONLY one who wants him to stay and thinks he could do well?

No! I think JCR has bags of potential. We all know about his electrifying pace, the only question marks iv'e seen so far posted is his ability to produce the final ball which I think given the chance to hold down a place in a starting line up he would produce on a consistent basis.
Iv'e always rated him and I think he would be one of those capable of stepping up to the plate in The Championship and producing the goods. He's young and extremely talented but I feel still has a lot to learn in certain areas and if anyone can bring that talent to the fore it's Tilly and Brush. He just needs to be given that chance IMO

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ April 09 2006,10:29)]No! I think JCR has bags of potential. We all know about his electrifying pace, the only question marks iv'e seen so far posted is his ability to produce the final ball which I think given the chance to hold down a place in a starting line up he would produce on a consistent basis.
Iv'e always rated him and I think he would be one of those capable of stepping up to the plate in The Championship and producing the goods. He's young and extremely talented but I feel still has a lot to learn in certain areas and if anyone can bring that talent to the fore it's Tilly and Brush. He just needs to be given that chance IMO
suspect.gif
bloody hell! 3 minutes to type that lot and six posts have snuck in ahead of it.

note to self, use the friggin quote button in future ya pleb
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 09 2006,09:47)]ORM's view.

Not good enough for the Championship

Barrett, Lawson, Bentley
Barrett not good enough for the championship??

When I am not watching the blues I spend some time watching a certain Championship team from Suffolk and I can tell you Barrett would easily get in that side!

As I posted on another thread, I think Kazzam Richards would be a good one to get.

JCR would be ideal in the Championship I reckon.

We need another keeper (I cant see Bart having a future with us)

Barrett would cope I reckon.

And I would love Jay to find form and come back to us!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ April 09 2006,10:09)]I am bemused by the disinterest in Jay Smith's fate. He could find his metier in the second tier. Less clogging more skill orientated. Am I the ONLY one who wants him to stay and thinks he could do well?
No, I'd love to see Jay back in the Southend side, but he hasn't seemed the same player as he was before his injury - the only glimpse of his past glories was the Yeovil game way back in September.

If he can get his match fitness back at Oxford and recapture his form, he'd cope should we go up.

If we seriously can't afford Lockwood we'll have serious problems next season...

IMO, We'll need a Keeper, 1 Centre Back, 1 Left Back, 1 or 2 Tough, Workaholic Midfielders, Another wideman (Possibly a utility player, a Full back/Wing Back/Wide Player in the Halford mould) and 2 quality strikers.

If Charlton sign Jlloyd Samuel like i've been hearing, then there could be a real possibility of us signing Chrissy Powell. Loves the club, Knows Tilly well and would fit in perfectly. I can see us picking up Either Byfield on a free or Kabba if Warnock releases him, deeming him not good enough for Premier$hite football and needing to free up his wages for new blood. Jody Morris is on a free, but wouldn't like him here... Tosspot of the highest order personality wise but thats the style of midfielder we need IMO. I know Mark Goodlad at Vale is on a free at the end of the season and could be enticed by Championship football and is a class Keeper, but may not be happy with playing second fiddle to Flavs. Could also look at Kasper Schmeichel who is rumoured not to be recieving a new deal next season.

Must make use of long loan signings from Premier$hite clubs... Players like Elliot Ward, Arturo Lupoli etc who clubs want first team experience for are now more likely to come to us than before.

IV posted to many times about who will be good enough etc, at the end of they day I think we need to give the players that have got us here a chance, while bringing in other quality players. Smith could play at championship level with more skill and more room. But who knows, lets just wait and see.

First Game next season

Flavs
Wilson
Hunt
Barrett
Sodje
Gutts
Maher
Gower
M.Cole
Eastwood
Byfield

Subs - McLeod, JCR, Gray, Jupp, Bradbury

Rest -
Bart - probably go and be replaced by loan from premier and youth
Edwards/Prior gone - spinner will stay until xmas maybe, unfinished work. Edwards go to Grays. Probably get someone with experience but Nash could be used.
Left Back - Youth/Loan for cover.

Smith - back maybe loaned out
Petts - loaned out
Bents - in reserves
Moussa - in reserves

Lawson/Adeamo - loaned/reserves
Goat - pay as you go?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
Fancies a couple of squid around xmas ;)

Few more youngsters in on loan or via youth scheme.

I too think Barrett has found his level, I am not knocking him I think his passion and commitment is excellent but he has started to be found out at this level.

I would like to see the Sodje brothers together in the back 4.

I think thats harsh, our success over the last 2 seasons has been built on a solid defence of which AB is a big part. I think he will relish the battle against some top strikers. Regarding the rest of the squad, TIlly will give them all a chance to prove themselves. I think most of them will cope well. IF you look at teams who have gone up in recent seasons and stayed up, their success has been due to keeping the same players that got them promotion and not making massive changes. I think we need 2 strikers, 2 defenders and a keeper.

It is well and good speculating about which players will be good enough if we go up. The truth is you will never know until they play a higher level.

I've seen many posts on here claiming how crap Jon Parkin is and would be rubbish and a waste of money at our level. However he has gone to Hull and scored 5 goals in 12 games a good return for someone who is crap, and allegedly not league 1 standard.

We will lose Bart, Edwards & Goater to "natural wastahe" at the end of the season, I think Spinner will get another year. Peteffer & Smith may well be offered new deals whether they accept or seek pastures new remains to be seen.

The planning has already started with the confirmation of the signing of JCR, the rest we can only as always speculate upon.

Back