• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Every chance we could be without Lenny tomorrow.

Hasn't trained Wed or Thurs. Twinge in his hamstring

Stick Lenny on Oztumer and that stops the majority of their attacking play. On he's day he really is a top talent. Let's hope he has an off day.

Totally agree, a great little player, and of the ilk that we usually struggle against. Didn't Atkinson nobble him in the first minute last time he appeared at the Hall ?

Although I expected the team to play better against Billericay, hearing people put Wabo on the team sheet means at least one good thing came from that game.

Once Smith and Kyprianou are fit again that could mean five club products contending for a place in the squad. Fantastic.

Kyprianou is a Watford product, we signed him for the U23 Squad.

From a Walsall rag ;

Sitting in 14th spot just a point and a place behind tomorrow’s opponents. Straight off the back of a handsome away victory. Tomorrow clash with Southend should be the kind of game Saddlers fans see as a springboard for their season.
Doncaster Rovers, the team dispatched 3-0 on their home patch by Saddlers last weekend stuffed tomorrow’s visitors Southend 4-1 just a few weeks ago.
Add to that the fact the Shrimpers have been on an inconsistent run of late losing 3-0 to Wigan before a draw against Peterborough and victory last week against Bury.
And Saddlers have just secured their biggest away win in 17 months and their first clean sheet since last season.
All the ingredients to get the home faithful rubbing their hands, right? Erm, wrong.
If the mood of our Saddlers Social contributors is any gauge, boss Jon Whitney still faces a trial by unconvinced supporters when he takes his place in the home dugout.
The boss is, of course, well aware of that.
As he commented after the win at Doncaster: “It’s now four unbeaten. We have lost one in eight.
“You wouldn’t think it because of some of the negative press but that is the way of the world.”
Advertising

But Whitney, as always, is a manager to focus on the plus signs.
“We stay positive as a group. I stay positive as a manager,” he said post Doncaster.
“ We have lost one in eight, that is quite good momentum.
“And if you turn those draws into wins like we did at Doncaster, suddenly you will start to climb the table. You can make statistics anyway you want. I love the club, I love the players, we have got a special group that can go on and do really good things if we are consistent.
Advertising

“And they have been. Our discipline has been a lot better inside our own box. We stay on our feet a lot more.
“What we do on the training pitch is starting to come into games.”
Whitney’s cofidence was obviously buoyed by the clean sheet last weekend, something he and his coaches have been striving for on the training ground for months.
“We are confident. Some of the play we have had in training has been outstanding,” he insisted this week.
What Whitney will also be all to well aware of is that pressure from the stands can often translate itself into jittery performances the pitch.
And an anxious home crowd, many at odds with the manager, could present as many problems for Whitney as the side put out by Shrimpers boss Phil Brown.

Will Theo Robinson score his first league goal of the campaign tomorrow?*

Tune in and find out!!

*No

What on earth are we going to do on here for the rest of the weekend and next week if Southend win, and win well, tomorrow? I mean, if we only scrape a lucky 1-0, then of course there will be plenty of nits to pick, but what if we really give them a stuffing, how scary would that be?

Either play Demetriou or white at left back, just not Timlin! If that means Lenny has to play alongside Ferdinand..... so be it put Timlin on their little “ messi” and let him mess him up!

What on earth are we going to do on here for the rest of the weekend and next week if Southend win, and win well, tomorrow? I mean, if we only scrape a lucky 1-0, then of course there will be plenty of nits to pick, but what if we really give them a stuffing, how scary would that be?

I guess we shall never find out. :sad:

Can Pigs really fly or is that only in Pink Floyds video clips and concerts.

Got odds of 80/1 on 1-1 with Lenny scoring first.
Worth 50p i think.

I guess we shall never find out. :sad:

Can Pigs really fly or is that only in Pink Floyds video clips and concerts.

Some times it's ok to be in smug mode.

images

Back