• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coventry for some unknown reason, no idea why I dislike them, I just do. You could add Manchester Utd as my brother supports them and it was always funny watching Sir Alex complain about this and that desicion that caused his team to lose (where you ever outplayed Alex)?
Any team that suddenly has a bandwagon e.g Chelsea can go and do one aswell.

really really enjoyed seeing Aldershot collapse. And watching Spurs get beaten is lovely as they've always had the fans with the biggest mouths.

I personally hate Sunderland as I was punched in the back of the head by a Sunderland fan as I was getting into the car after we had lost 4-0... Then the police refused to even speak to us when my dad tried to talk to them in the street... Scum.

My good mate got punched by a sunderland knob at roots hall. This northern monkey asked for directions and then all of a sudden he whacked him in the face.:dim:

Don't have a real dislike for anyone apart from maybe Leicester City. Have been to hundreds of games over the years and only seen real trouble a couple of times - both involving Leicester. Also had a flat mate from Nuneaton and he was/is a ****.
Cue the boo's but since I have been living the wrong side of the river Lea, I have developed a soft spot for Orient - know loads of their fans and enjoy the banter. There are many more glamorous options around where I live so to carry on with the O's deserves some respect in my book - there are no different to our fans to be honest.

I don't get armchair Premier League fans who seem to have a like or dislike towards every team. There are plenty of managers and players I like and dislike (more dislike) but I'm indifferent to most teams. I hate West Ham because of their arrogant deluded scummy fans, most of whom live in Basildon. The games against Colchester inspire a lot of emotion but we've not had many of them recently and they're quite a friendly little club really. Orient I dislike but I consider Colchester our main local rivals. My relatives support Everton so if people ask me who my 2nd team is (or who my "proper team" is, as if you have to support a PL team) then I say them. I have developed a bit of a soft spot for Coventry as I was at Warwick Uni for 4 years. I dislike Grimsby after my experience there on the last day of the 04/05 season. Don't particularly like Chelsea or their fans either. Other than that I don't have any strong feelings towards any club.

This is probably the wrong reason to have feelings for another club, but for the best part of ten years I was old bill at Walworth and Camberwell. I used to love doing football duty at the Den as it meant a free breakfast, overtime and a 100% guarantee of a good ruck an arrest and even more overtime! So I'm kinda fond of Millwall.

Aldershot Town - Great shout re the floodlight situation
Grimsby - Great shout too.

Brighton - Must have been 1999ish cos I was driving my G reg fiesta. My mate and I went there and took duvets in the car (couldn't afford a hotel) and decided we'd have a night out in Brighton and come home the next day. We lost and they scored in the last minute (handball). Outside the ground, my mate (stupidly) said something about Brighton fans being gay (Does your boyfriend know you're here or something equally un-PC) and this masssssive dude next to us turns out to be a Brighton fan and just smacks my mate full in the face. We came straight home.

Few years later, 04/05 maybe (was talking about this today) we were at Northampton away in the play offs (never seen us lose away at Sixfields) and there's some kind of small leisure park overlooking the ground and a group of Blues were having a very innocent drink. Light hearted banter, a few songs but nothing out of the ordinary and two Northampton fans walked in and one of them (huge guy again) just walloped a Blue in the face for absolutely no reason other than looking for a fight.

Anyway, to summarise as I started this thread, I think the affiliations we feel with teams are based on one off experiences with their fans, away days, ex-players/managers of ours, geography of where we move to and given we're all different ages, been to different games, we'll always find someone that likes/dislikes a team.

Bring on Bristol Rovers!! I hope we smash them. And I think this goes back to a time when Lambert hammered us down there and I got wet and the pie was crap or something and they had a player who scored a quality goal against us at Roots Hall one night in the LDV and I think he'd just come out of prison for something so I just hope we beat them always!

Apart from the obvious clubs to dislike, it can't just be me that hates Wolves? There was something about the attitude of their following in the 90's..... Very fond of Dulwich Hamlet though, and saw Peter Crouch score for them (their fans used to call him the 20-foot high chicken). Quite like him too, therefore.

Like; Yeovil , Southampton, Bournemouth were all good places to visit.
Dislike; Arsenal...whinging Wenger, amazing, everytime they lose, it's always someones else's fault - grow up and take it on the chin and accept that sometimes you are beaten by a better team.
Rant over, the above could in fairness, also be said about Sir Alex.

I have a good feeling for Brentford, Blackpool and Brighton. Can't really explain why really. But descent fans.
Can't stand Colchester, Wolves, Palace and MK Dons. Awful places and awful fans!

I like Southampton dating back to the great Micky Channon and then Matt Le Tiss - a small team in Div One and the Premiership, Crewe because they always play good football and develop their own players (although they make it difficult by regularly shafting us) and Hull and Blackpool (is it because they play in orange? I also prefer easyjet to Ryanair). Also Yeovil - great to see such a small club in the Championship.

I dislike Millwall, Leeds, Burnley and Gillingham.

No sense in much of that, really. Just an instinctive thing I suppose....

This is probably the wrong reason to have feelings for another club, but for the best part of ten years I was old bill at Walworth and Camberwell. I used to love doing football duty at the Den as it meant a free breakfast, overtime and a 100% guarantee of a good ruck an arrest and even more overtime! So I'm kinda fond of Millwall.

Classic tale :)

This one's an easy pick for me, surprised more people haven't suggested Millwall....Col U and Orient don't bug me at all, its good to have some local rivalry, but Millwall is the one club that should have been kicked out the league. Each week I hope they lose:thumbdown:

Obvious ones aside, Arsenal and their "we play perfect football but can't win anything for love nor money" can bore off, although it's highly amusing winding up their oh so fickle fans. MK Dons are a football club for all the wrong reasons, and it's no surprise they don't have many admirers anywhere in the country apart from MK itself.

Any club that has been bought by bazillionaires and muscle their way to the top by blowing money left, right and centre are not in my good books at all. But then, this is more a moan at the FA and how they're allowing clubs to become Monopoly pieces, rather than run in the proper manner, like how German clubs do it.

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Arsenal, back when they were good, they were really, really good and enjoyed watching them. Their fans annoy me though with all their middle class angst when their biggest concern is finishing in the top 4. I know different leagues have different priorities, but I can't credit them with having the worry of their club even surviving the seaon. Perhaps their diamond shoes are too tight.

For some reason I have an intense dislike of Portsmouth. May be down to the 'character' with that bloody bell and it may be down to associating them with an absolute scumbag I had a run in with a few years back, but sorry Pompey - it's the thumbs down from me.

I have a soft spot for Barnet, Hereford and Daggers from down our end of the league, and I don't like Chelsea at all. Smug, rubbish boring football and a manager you want to punch. How they won that Champions Leauge final I'll never know.

Likes: Dagenham and Redbridge, a good example of how a small time outfit can succeed, genuine fans too. Also AFC Wimbledon for what they have achieved, shows what genuine fans can aspire to. Dislikes: MK Dons The F.A. and Football League should be ashamed of themselves for allowing them to exist. Also, of course West Ham, seeing the Claret and Blue paraded around our home town as if they are the local team is really sickening!

Likes: Dagenham and Redbridge, a good example of how a small time outfit can succeed, genuine fans too. Also AFC Wimbledon for what they have achieved, shows what genuine fans can aspire to. Dislikes: MK Dons The F.A. and Football League should be ashamed of themselves for allowing them to exist. Also, of course West Ham, seeing the Claret and Blue paraded around our home town as if they are the local team is really sickening!
Not that I dislike Dagenham and Redbridge, but the way they have been formed from about 7 clubs is not quite the ideal situation.

I do like Southampton for all the obvious reasons, but even more so now that a former pupil of mine has just gone and made his Premier League debut for them.

I actually like most teams, I like to see clubs doing well, particularly the smaller clubs and the underdogs and can feel quite happy for them and their fans, as long as they're not competing against us! I have friends, colleagues and pupils who support all sorts of different teams, and they are good enough to show an interest in Southend, so I like to reciprocate and show an interest in their teams.

I don't hate any teams. I want to put every ounce of my passion into loving Southend United, I certainly wouldn't want to waste any emotion getting wound up about any other team. Having said that, I have had a dislike for Grimsby ever since May 2005 and I do find myself at times wishing that they never get back into the Football League.

Back