• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was it you?

No, but it was the poster Known as TMWLT.

Were these adverts for real?

We have never played Port Vale away in a midweek cup match??

Can one of you 606 posters reply on his thread.

Last edited:
Have responded quoting the information from the database as posted above.

Last edited:
Have responded quoting the information from the database as posted above.

No response from the original poster to yours or AS comments.

The so called advert he is on about was shown on SKY last weekend somebody on here must have seen them. It seems a pretty random thing for the original poster to have made up he could have confused us with another club or as has been suggested they could be 'spoof' adverts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A41246011

There was a lone away fan at the hall once.

I can't remember the match but there was a photo of him in a calender of Football related photos that my dad used to have. Possibly Huddersfield.

There was a lone away fan at the hall once.

I can't remember the match but there was a photo of him in a calender of Football related photos that my dad used to have. Possibly Huddersfield.

Correct yes. I have a copy of it somewhere and it is in the football museum in Ambleside in the lake District. It is in the east blacks if I can remember correctly. One lonely Huddersfield fan, although I expect the photo was taken well before kick off.

Wasn't that a photo taken from a Southend Invicta (Rugby League for the kids) game?

Anyone remember Torquay in 1987 on a Friday. About 14 turned up. However, it was the voucher game for the visit of Spurs, and they opened the South Bank up and we got an almost full house so they were just swamped.

Correct yes. I have a copy of it somewhere and it is in the football museum in Ambleside in the lake District. It is in the east blacks if I can remember correctly. One lonely Huddersfield fan, although I expect the photo was taken well before kick off.

Seem to remember an empty away end when we played "Wimbledon" just before they became MK Dons and their fans were boycotting all their games.

This has finally been posted in reply on 606, but I'm none the wiser - posted by a brand new poster calling themselves PortValeAway:

posted 6 Hours Ago
i was that southend fan at port vale in the mid 80s, it was a league game that had been due to be played on the monday, and then got called off 2 hours before kick off, in those days you get a game rearranged for the following day!! so I promptly left again from london at 5.00pm got there, insisted they open the away end for me!! and stood there and watched us lose 5-1?? I celebrated our goal!!!
back to london after the game, and home for midnight
add comment | complain about this comment

This has finally been posted in reply on 606, but I'm none the wiser - posted by a brand new poster calling themselves PortValeAway:

posted 6 Hours Ago
i was that southend fan at port vale in the mid 80s, it was a league game that had been due to be played on the monday, and then got called off 2 hours before kick off, in those days you get a game rearranged for the following day!! so I promptly left again from london at 5.00pm got there, insisted they open the away end for me!! and stood there and watched us lose 5-1?? I celebrated our goal!!!
back to london after the game, and home for midnight
add comment | complain about this comment

Port Vale used to play all their 'midweek' games on Monday nights. We played them away 3 times on Monday nights in the 80's all were scheduled games & not re-arranged. We lost 2-1 in 83/4, lost 4-1 in 84/5 and lost 4-1 in 87/8.

I know for a fact we had more than '1' fan at all those matches I was at the 87/8 one & we probably had about 25 fans there (no supporters coach that day).

Back