• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Was Molesley the wrong choice?

Was, MM the wrong choice? Maybe.
He has been dealt an awful hand trying to make the best of the squad he has inherited. Apart from Sterling I think his signings have strengthened the squad and judging by the meeting the other night he is aware that we need some big guys up front and at the back.
But my concern is by all accounts the first half at Bradford was devoid of passion, commitment and work rate. A successful manager would be able to motivate his team, if he can't do that then he is in trouble. I can't imagine someone like Neil Warnock tolerating lack of effort. Overall I think Mark should be given more time but he needs results ASAP.

But my concern is by all accounts the first half at Bradford was devoid of passion, commitment and work rate. A successful manager would be able to motivate his team, if he can't do that then he is in trouble.

As much as i still loathe him for the way he walked out on us, Barry ( Judas ) Fry is the type of guy we need?..

The constant changing of managers in the past few years hasn’t done us any good so I think MM deserves time to bring more players in and turn things around. He can’t be blamed for inheriting the likes of Lennon and Dieng and youngsters who are not ready (some sadly never will be). I think he has shown naivety though with his playing out from the back style of football, this isn’t conducive to a league two relegation battle at all. Bond was heavily criticised for this last year (rightly so) therefore MM shouldn’t escape criticism for this.

The disappointing thing in recent years is the management teams we hire seem to be getting bigger and bigger yet the results are getting worse. If MM’s entourage consists of six people what are they actually contributing?! I doubt the results could have been any worse if there were fewer of them. It makes it more expensive each time these management teams are replaced.

At the moment MM seems like an u23/non league manager which is reflected in the team on the pitch who are u23/non league standard players. Hopefully MM can start demonstrating soon he is a L2 standard manager and we can have a few more L2 standard players in the team.

Was speaking to a neighbour down the road for the first time yesterday. Turns out he’s a non league manager in Essex and knows Mark from his playing days. Said they had a few run ins over the years and his only words for him was that remembered him being a ‘cocky little s**t’.

Sounds great, haha.

NC also stays close to his north midlands home, just about every club he’s managed has been in that region. He’d never come this far south even if we’d offered it to him.

Now we’ve got MM we should stick with him. I can’t believe anyone would have done significantly better with the resources available, and whenever you look at clubs who constantly change managers it never works.

Now we’ve got MM we should stick with him. I can’t believe anyone would have done significantly better with the resources available, and whenever you look at clubs who constantly change managers it never works.

I do agree, just very concerned that we seem to be going backwards rather than improving. Concerned he’s not a good man manager and that’s what we need. Take Acquah, there’s no excuse for not putting yourself about. We may not have the quality or the nous of the opposition but we should NEVER be outfought or outworked. Not acceptable. He needs to build the team to fight and stay in games.

See that Mansfield have picked up Niger Clough as manager.Good choice at this level with his experience and knowledge.Probably more in tune with what's needed here at the present time

This was who I wanted someone who has worked at both ends of the EFL knows how to work to a budget and has contacts

The constant changing of managers in the past few years hasn’t done us any good so I think MM deserves time to bring more players in and turn things around. He can’t be blamed for inheriting the likes of Lennon and Dieng and youngsters who are not ready (some sadly never will be). I think he has shown naivety though with his playing out from the back style of football, this isn’t conducive to a league two relegation battle at all. Bond was heavily criticised for this last year (rightly so) therefore MM shouldn’t escape criticism for this.

The disappointing thing in recent years is the management teams we hire seem to be getting bigger and bigger yet the results are getting worse. If MM’s entourage consists of six people what are they actually contributing?! I doubt the results could have been any worse if there were fewer of them. It makes it more expensive each time these management teams are replaced.

At the moment MM seems like an u23/non league manager which is reflected in the team on the pitch who are u23/non league standard players. Hopefully MM can start demonstrating soon he is a L2 standard manager and we can have a few more L2 standard players in the team.
The change of goalkeeping coach certainly hasn’t improved things......got far worse in fact so are the rest of the back room staff just as incompetent?

Watching Sky Sports News and Tony Pulis is on, he sounds like just what we need!! Get that suitcase of cash out the loft, Ron! The bloke talks sense.

The change of goalkeeping coach certainly hasn’t improved things......got far worse in fact so are the rest of the back room staff just as incompetent?
Bit like the non existing forwards coach replacement. COYB!!

It may well be that if we lose today there will be repercussions for MM. I don't think it will cost RM as much as everyone would fear because I believe the thinking is the rest of his team would follow him to wherever if he's sacked.!

Reactions: GBJ
It may well be that if we lose today there will be repercussions for MM. I don't think it will cost RM as much as everyone would fear because I believe the thinking is the rest of his team would follow him to wherever if he's sacked.!

The figure I heard was £300k.... which is considerably less than the previous one at least.

No point sacking MM. Ron will just take another six weeks to appoint someone, within which we will lose every game, before finally handing over to a new guy who, like MM and Sol, won't be able to sign any decent players and who, therefore, will also lose every game. Until the financial situation / embargo is resolved nothing will improve.

If he's still in charge this time tomorrow I'll be very upset.

No point to our attacks. defensively all over the place. positioning is clueless.

This doesn't come down to 23 **** players.

This comes down to how they are set up. A real manager could get this team playing so much better, I honestly believe that.

Back