• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WAYNE GRAY

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
This bloke today absolutely inspirational. He was the man right up there with Freddy slightly behind him most of the time.

The guy is only small, springs like a salmon out of water. won us everything in the air today.

Has come on leaps and bounds in the past few weeks and deserves a good run in the team with him and fred scoring the goals to fire us up the league.

Really seemed a mish*t and he has come good. Got a lot of time for the bloke. he was up for this and run all over the show. Great performance from the team too.

But well done Wayne, fully deserved man of the match.

BLUE ARMY

Yes totally agree. He worked really really hard today and was always trying to win the ball. Thoroughly deserved his goal and the Man of the Match award.

Always backed this fella since I saw him against Thurrock pre-season, his body language at the start of the season was wrong but he's come back into the team and long may he stay there, though maybe Drewe could come back! Heard he scored his first in 10 seconds and it was a 20 yard screamer! This the same Drewe we know so well?!

Was shocked about Drewe's hattrick, but give him his dues, he had a point to prove in much the same way as Fredy did against the Swan's.

Maybe RnD's setup suits him more than our does! I hope he proves himself and comes back fitter than ever.

cool.gif

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 31 2004,01:57)]Was shocked about Drewe's hattrick, but give him his dues, he had a point to prove in much the same way as Fredy did against the Swan's.

Maybe RnD's setup suits him more than our does! I hope he proves himself and comes back fitter than ever.
The real question is : why has Drewe Broughton scored three goals for Rushden & Diamonds and not for Southend United?

Is it :

a) he worked his socks off to prove a point?

b) he received a level of service that he can play to, something which his colleagues at Roots Hall have not been able to do?

If it's b) then I expect the loan to be made permanent by the end of the month.

WS

I'm certain it's b), Mike. That explains why a plethora of strikers find the net at other clubs but not at the Hall.

We will do better with the type of strikers that makes their own chances, like Dudfield, Bramble, Eastwood and Gray.

Drewe will always rely on providers and feeders. We have neither.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2004,08:41)]Is it :

a) he worked his socks off to prove a point?
I don't think Drewe could've worked any harder for us most of the time. So I don't think it's a).

Wayne Gray you have shoved my words earlier in the season right down my throat and well done for that, you have proved me totally wrong.

Now carry on this form, don't let it slip and i might buy you a pint at the end of the season.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2004,08:41)]b) he received a level of service that he can play to, something which his colleagues at Roots Hall have not been able to do?

If it's b) then I expect the loan to be made permanent by the end of the month.

WS
The amount of chances that have been served up to Broughton on a plate (and subsequently missed) suggest otherwise.

I hope he doesn't return because he simply isn't good enough. With the sudden disappearance of Husbands I assume that he has been paid off without the cliub making it public. Hopefully this will free up some funds to secure Eastwodd and get a full back!

I personally see no need for Drewe to return to the Hall......

I will always be gratefull to him for giving us a day out at Cardiff, but never rated him that much.

He would be well down the line of strikers we have now (presuming Mr Eastwood signs) and with the option of Corbett playing up front, there is simply no need for Drewe.............

But good luck Drewe.

on the cobblers message board one of their fans described gray as a donkey. dont think the the defenders seeing his *** disapear for the second goal would agree with that !

I will never forget Drewe goals Vs Col Ewes on 17th Feb, long as I live. I think drewe is good with scoring with his head but his shooting with his feet say anotherwise. Rushden got players who can whip in good cross for him to attack, while we play the ball to Eastwood, Gray, bramble or Dudfield feet rather than lumping the ball up to their head.

Henry of Arsenal don't need anyone to lump the ball in the air to him anotherwise he struggle agasint defencers who can beat him to the ball in air. Grays, Bramble, Dudfield & Eastwood got ablity to get goals out of nothing - you need that in an tight game when we need points in our last 10 games for a place in play-off (here hoping!).

Iam glad Drewe is playing in 1st team for Rushden rather than rotting in reserve, so he get games - by the sound of it, he is doing very well there, good for him.

Back