• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wayne Grays Record

DTS

The Business
Shows he is not as sh!t as some people would have you believe. i agree he hasnt been great but think its time to put some perspective in this arguement.

Hasn't scored in open play since September though.
rock.gif

Some of the older fans on here might recall a spell when we missed 7 on the trot so I dont care if he spanks em in with his **** as they all count.

think out of those 8 - 3 were pens. Hardly prolific. To be fair his penalties have been excellant and as Andy S says last goal from open play was his mish!t strike against Yeovil back in September

jesus! didnt know he hadn't scored from open play since september! Considering the form the team has been since then and the goals we have scored it is a pretty diabolical record

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 15 2006,14:41)]Hasn't scored in open play since September though.
rock.gif
How many games has he played since then? I think the biggest issue is his lack of match practice. He was out injured and since then has had to be content with a place on the bench whilst Goater and Freddy keep the goals for column ticking over.

The problem isn't his ability, it's his form. The problem for us as a club is that we don't have time this season for him to play himself back in to form. Either we need Goater back on Monday (does anyone know if this is likely) or we need Freddy to do it all by himself.

Here's another idea, why not play Bradbury up front and Grey on the right?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ April 15 2006,14:32)]Shows he is not as sh!t as some people would have you believe. i agree he hasnt been great but think its time to put some perspective in this arguement.
Thats not exactly impressive though is it.

Gray should be 3rd choice after Bradbury and Goater and sold at the end of the season.

I actually didnt think he was good enough for this season and although he had a decent start he just isnt good enough.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ April 15 2006,14:55)]think out of those 8 - 3 were pens. Hardly prolific. To be fair his penalties have been excellant and as Andy S says last goal from open play was his mish!t strike against Yeovil back in September
yeah it was a mis-hit but it was crucial finish,2-1, a bit like when the Goat made it 3 against col u in september.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ April 15 2006,14:50)]Some of the older fans on here might recall a spell when we missed 7 on the trot so I dont care if he spanks em in with his **** as they all count.
Our run from the spot in the early '90's is STILL I believe a world record!!
down.gif

Since October 2004, Wayne has scored four goals from open play in the League at Roots Hall.

His pace is a tremendous asset away from home and his goalscoring record away from Roots Hall isn't actually that bad. At home though, where you need a bit more nous to break down defences, he has been found wanting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ April 15 2006,17:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ April 15 2006,14:32)]Shows he is not as sh!t as some people would have you believe. i agree he hasnt been great but think its time to put some perspective in this arguement.
Thats not exactly impressive though is it.

Gray should be 3rd choice after Bradbury and Goater and sold at the end of the season.

I actually didnt think he was good enough for this season and although he had a decent start he just isnt good enough.
Am not one for singling out our own players, but while people are talking about Wayne playing poorly, I think Bradbury gives us more to worry about. Lets be honest he didnt look all that when he played up front at first, and when moved to right midfield he has played really well, especially considering its not his natural position, BUT I could definately tell on friday that he is not a winger. His deleivery was poor all game and doesn't really seem to make the intellegent runs like Gower,Cole etc. Just wanted to say osmething to get people off Waynes back!

I go with an earlier comment and think Gray would be good if played out wide on the right. He certanly has the pace to go past people.

The first couple of games Wayne played this season he looked the bit of class in our team, he was up for everything, defennces in this league can't cope with his pace. Remeber the one on one chance that the Goat had against Blackpool he buggered it up (not having a go at the Goat) Wayne would have run that ball in the back of the net.
I rest my case and the guy that started this Topic!
SO LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!
Wayney Gray the new Pele Wayney Gray the new Pele.
tounge.gif
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ((S)(U)(F)(C) @ April 16 2006,14:18)]Am not one for singling out our own players, but while people are talking about Wayne playing poorly, I think Bradbury gives us more to worry about. Lets be honest he didnt look all that when he played up front at first, and when moved to right midfield he has played really well, especially considering its not his natural position, BUT I could definately tell on friday that he is not a winger. His deleivery was poor all game and doesn't really seem to make the intellegent runs like Gower,Cole etc. Just wanted to say osmething to get people off Waynes back!
Bradbury is quality. The one start he had up front was with The Goat and that was never a partnership that was going to work.

I've tried hard to think of a like-for-like replacement for Goater that we could realistically bring in who would have the intelligence and the experiance to play the target-man role that Eastwood thrives playing with. Finding someone like to fill that role is going to be a major job for Tilly but I just wonder if he hasn't already got the perfect man in Bradbury.

Back