• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We aint down yet?!

I saw Leeds against Yeovil, and they were on a different planet to us. Their players have got the bit between their teeth and were all giving 100% (unlike us). Although playing away from home, they had 21 shots at goal, 14 on target. That's more than we can do in 3 Home games put together. They also have Beckford. The only weakness they had was they suddenly got jittery and played hoofball after Yeovil scored an undeserved goal, because they knew they should have been about 4 or 5 goals clear.
So even a point against them will be a major achievement.

As for our side, we are a very poor side, we have a leaky defence, we have a very weak midfield that is defensive and doesn't create and we still don't have a propper goalscorer. Sometimes we look like we could play for 3 hours without scoring. Bad mistakes are happening all over the pitch, we are full of very inconsistent players and players that are playing terrible every game now. We are very low in confidence and some are not up for the fight for one reason or another.

This, in my opinion, is why we will go down.
3 or 4 wins from this ever weakening team, in a few games is a big ask. Please, please let me be wrong.

Of course, I will not give up hope or my support untill it's mathematically impossible, I'm just saying how I see it.

Why are 99% of us talking like we are ****ing relegated already?

We are 3 points off safety for crying out loud.

Our run in is far more appealing than the likes of Orient, Oldham and Gills have. See for yourself if you don't believe me...

Ok, our form this year has been awful and we are looking certanties for the drop at present. But, we win our next two home games and I tell you what, we will be in the driving seat, regardless of what happens at Leeds.

Watch at least three of the four above us, drop like a rock over the next couple of weeks...

This season has been up there with the worst in our history. But it aint over until we have that "R" next to us in the league standings.

I am as depressed as anyone at the crap performances and disgraceful off the field shenanigans. But we cannot let that get in the way of what being a Southend fan is all about. That is taking the rough with the smooth (More rough of course!) and backing our lads 100% in the hope that they will do the business over the next 6 games.

So cheer up you miserable *******s. Get yourself out the doldrums and believe that we will survive. If we was 10 points adrift I could understand. WE ARE ONLY 3 POINTS ADRIFT. We have been awful for ages and we are still in with a chance of survival. Tells you a lot about the crap above us.

Beat Brighton and beat Brentford and it's Orient, Oldham, Tranny and Gills who will be worried.

Let's have it in the stands for the remaining games. I'll be bolloxed if I'm going to sit back and watch our team slide into League Two oblivion. Accrington, Burton, Morecambe no thanks very much.

You travelling to Leeds then?

Why are 99% of us talking like we are ****ing relegated already?

We are 3 points off safety for crying out loud.

Our run in is far more appealing than the likes of Orient, Oldham and Gills have. See for yourself if you don't believe me...

Ok, our form this year has been awful and we are looking certanties for the drop at present. But, we win our next two home games and I tell you what, we will be in the driving seat, regardless of what happens at Leeds.

Watch at least three of the four above us, drop like a rock over the next couple of weeks...

This season has been up there with the worst in our history. But it aint over until we have that "R" next to us in the league standings.

I am as depressed as anyone at the crap performances and disgraceful off the field shenanigans. But we cannot let that get in the way of what being a Southend fan is all about. That is taking the rough with the smooth (More rough of course!) and backing our lads 100% in the hope that they will do the business over the next 6 games.

So cheer up you miserable *******s. Get yourself out the doldrums and believe that we will survive. If we was 10 points adrift I could understand. WE ARE ONLY 3 POINTS ADRIFT. We have been awful for ages and we are still in with a chance of survival. Tells you a lot about the crap above us.

Beat Brighton and beat Brentford and it's Orient, Oldham, Tranny and Gills who will be worried.

Let's have it in the stands for the remaining games. I'll be bolloxed if I'm going to sit back and watch our team slide into League Two oblivion. Accrington, Burton, Morecambe no thanks very much.

Thus endeth the sermon, Amen. Thank God for you Smiffy. Thank God.

**** knows it's not looking good, but hope springs eternal. Without it we're ****ed. Especially as Southend fans.

Back