• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great atmosphere today everyone interested, the guy who had the lighting tube smash on his head summed it up, he wasn't going anywhere til that game was over. Well done all.

Great atmosphere today everyone interested, the guy who had the lighting tube smash on his head summed it up, he wasn't going anywhere til that game was over. Well done all.

Where was this???

West stand block S, the ball ended up at the back of the stand, someone attemted to throw it back and hit the strip light covering quite alot of people in glass

Blimey! Never saw that at all! I sit in U block.

Normally stand in W, but sat in U today, atmosphere was terrific, at one stage i heard all the west singing at once, fantastic, never heard it like that before in the West.

Terriffficcccc.

The boy and I loved the atmosphere today. Not seen any highlights yet but I expect it sounded good on the box.

Sounded good on my PC stream. Just one question though please. I turned PC off as soon as the whistle went in disappointment. I've seen a number of comments on pitch invasion but not seen any details. Can someone summarise for me? Thanks.

A decent pre-season with a young squad and a few signings. A semi decent start to the season and the gates will continue to be between 5-6000 and higher if we are top 3

Sounded good on my PC stream. Just one question though please. I turned PC off as soon as the whistle went in disappointment. I've seen a number of comments on pitch invasion but not seen any details. Can someone summarise for me? Thanks.

A decent pre-season with a young squad and a few signings. A semi decent start to the season and the gates will continue to be between 5-6000 and higher if we are top 3

The OB came striding along about 10 minutes before the end and made a cordon in front of the Burton supporters. Whistle went at the end, loads of our fans went on, a lot of them congregating in front of Burton (and, coincidentally, the Sky cameras int he studio!) and giving it large. Most just went on and wandered about, taking photos. We took the opportunity of walking across the pitch to avoid queuing up to be allowed to walk the corner from West in to South!

Werid . I am normally in W and was towards the back in x today. I thought we were great, until they scored then we were quiet. And again after they scored we were silent again, just when the tteam needs us. White and another player near the end were encouraging us to support the tram. If we were that good that would not be necessary. Listen to palace fans when 2.0 down, that's quality. Block X was poor today imo, I know that won't be a popular comment but that's how it was. I don't know if too many we're hurting to much and were mentally drained, but it could/should have been so much better.

Me and the boy normally stand in W and were in X aswell. The support was fantastic as usual, but yes, did go flat when we conceded. I think you summed it up perfectly. When I looked around me, the faces that I see home and away, that show sooo much passion for our football club, looked like they were drained and hurting bad. Definately not a critisism. We soon got it going again, though. Perhaps we need a song we always sing when we concede, to show our heroes we're still right behind them

I left Roots Hall yesterday feeling absolutely flat and drained and felt that the life had been totally taken from me. It was a strange feeling and for a couple of hours after even when I was at home I still felt the same. Dam you Southend United.

The crowd cared so much, wanted it so much. Yes, there was abject disappointment...but it showed that our football club has regained the affection of the community. It was not about optimistic songs with a smile from people who would like to win..but oh well lets sing anyway. It was total and utter dejection from supporters that care passionately. Exactly the same as you get at the hotbeds of football.

I left Roots Hall yesterday feeling absolutely flat and drained and felt that the life had been totally taken from me. It was a strange feeling and for a couple of hours after even when I was at home I still felt the same. Dam you Southend United.

Same here, but I think it was because I felt we were out and out cheated and didn't lose by football.

Thats football!

Cant appreciate the highs without tolerating the lows unfortunately.

Werid . I am normally in W and was towards the back in x today. I thought we were great, until they scored then we were quiet. And again after they scored we were silent again, just when the tteam needs us. White and another player near the end were encouraging us to support the tram. If we were that good that would not be necessary. Listen to palace fans when 2.0 down, that's quality. Block X was poor today imo, I know that won't be a popular comment but that's how it was. I don't know if too many we're hurting to much and were mentally drained, but it could/should have been so much better.

I know what you mean, I thought similarly, but the rest of the Southend crowd were doing their bit so that it wasn't missed too much. We had a couple round us that normally go in W block and they were doing their bit and others were joining in.

Back