• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We went for Knight

SUFCFARAWAY

From a good source we apparently went for knight and had a bid accepted but he was not interested in joining us. Well good - wouldn't want him anyway! Want players who want to wear the beloved blue shirt!

Geez what an idiot, wonder him and Trundle will get on. Sounds like hes been reading the Laurent Robert guide to team spirit.

Probably the fact they have a larger, stronger squad have just moved into a new stadium and have money floating about that swung him...
Would've liked to see him here, but i give it 2 weeks before him and Trundle have a personality clash... Theres only one Media Darling in Swansea to capture the limelight...

thats what i love about our team, there isnt any arrogance or showboats who p%&s the other players off. everyone is working for each other, and the "characters" of the team are more than willing to get down to work on the pitch

QPR's is close to us in terms for team spirit & willing to working for each other, look our teamwork Vs Hartlepool, Bournemouth & Blackpool, even the team look tired, but still work for the win to keep us top, Iam sure Mr Fancydans would'nt fancy it.

Whoops, I mean that QPR's is one of the club been rejected by Knight as they did'nt offer enough wages so he went to Brighton instead back in 2003. They are simler to Southend, only different that they get bigger crowds & play in Premier$hite, but want players who willing to play for the QPR shirt not for pay days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 06 2006,12:33)]Whoops, I mean that QPR's is one of the club been rejected by Knight as they did'nt offer enough wages so he went to Brighton instead back in 2003.  They are simler to Southend, only different that they get bigger crowds & play in Premier$hite, but want players who willing to play for the QPR shirt not for pay days.
Last time I looked neither Brighton nor QPR played in the Prem...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 06 2006,12:33)]They are simler to Southend, only different that they get bigger crowds & play in Premier$hite, but want players who willing to play for the QPR shirt not for pay days.
Eh?
rock.gif
suspect.gif

What I meant that QPR's as an club is similar to Southend with both club got players & managers who CARE for their club, the only diffrerent that QPR got bigger crowds than Southend & played in Premier$hite before, its 10 years last time QPR played there.

I never forget the 4-0 win over them in LDV 2004 as its was the beginning of the glory days for Southend.

my best mate is a massive QPR fan, it does seem they have a really good team spirit, and holloway is a legend and genius. however the boardroom problems really have ruined their season, the uncertainty over the clubs future shows on the pitch. that 4-0 win was awesome too, i never stop mentioning it to him!

I wouldn't have thought Knight would have been the right player for us anyway. Hope he buggers up Swansea's season.

Whoever told you that you made a bid for Knight is lying.

MK Dons and Swindon were the only two other clubs to show an interest and make a bid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BHA @ Jan. 06 2006,16:35)]Whoever told you that you made a bid for Knight is lying.

MK Dons and Swindon were the only two other clubs to show an interest and make a bid.
That's interesting. Are you going to miss him, or glad to take the money and see the back?

Won't be missed, 9 goals in 65 odd games, and cries everytime he is dropped!

Scored 27 in league 1 with us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BHA @ Jan. 06 2006,17:34)]Won't be missed, 9 goals in 65 odd games, and cries everytime he is dropped!

Scored 27 in league 1 with us.
laugh.gif

Thanks for that. Undoubted ability at our level, then, but I think the last thing our squad needs is someone who cries everytime he is dropped!

Back