• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
I've just seen this posted on another football forum that I occasionaly gander at...

As you may know, Webb isn't the most liked of characters down in Yeovil and following an article written for their fansite, Webb allegedly responded with this:

Dear Ciderspace,

I had my attention drawn to your article dated March 29th, entitled 'The Davey Vanishes' by a colleague, and I felt I needed to set the record straight concerning my current business dealings. It never ceases to amaze me how inquisitive football fans can be regarding an individual and his motives, but I have been persuaded that on this occasion it is probably for the best to prepare a response.

As it happens, my whereabouts over the past week or two has been a lot closer to home than you might expect. John (Fry) and Norman (Hayward) invited me down for a few days to discuss a relaunch of their Invest In Yeovil marketing campaign, and so I agreed to meet them to hear what progress had been made regarding ground development since I left the club four years ago, as I was told there would be an imminent announcement. That progress meeting was decidedly shorter than I expected it to be.

Hence I've been spending the week visiting my son Daniel, and watching the Yeovil first team train up on the top pitch. I've given Terry (Skiverton) a few tips on where I think the Southend back line might have a few weaknesses, as he's always been a good lad for the club. I always knew he had that leadership potential from the day I made him captain.

Just so there's no misunderstanding between the two sets of fans, as I find rumours can often spiral out of control, I'm going to be alternating my time between Roots Hall and Huish Park from now on. This week I've been assisting John and Norman with sorting out those damn covenants, and next week I'm going to be up in Southend helping (Southend manager) Steve Tilson out. Then the week after I'll be back down in Somerset. Daniel is putting me up in his spare room which is nice of him.

I've managed to cadge a lift on the Yeovil team coach to get back to Essex on Saturday. The Bentley is in for servicing and I've been a bit lost without it. Probably for the best though, as you know what the local press down here are like about the car I drive. It would only end up in another match report. So I'll be hopping off the away team coach and straight into the home dressing room a couple of hours before kick-off and then I'll be working for Southend for the rest of the week. That works out quite well, doesn't it?

Hope that explains what is going on. You've got my contacts below if you need them. Maybe I can avoid another 'Webb of Intrigue' headline. If only I had a quid for every time that's been used!

God bless!

Link here: http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=12016

Now, I don't intend this post to question Webb's position at the club, but I find the comment in bold to be particularly strange. What, exactly, is our apparent assistant doing talking to an opposing manager the week before a crunch, decisive game?

Think you'll find that article appeared on the morning of the 1st April! ;)

I've just seen this posted on another football forum that I occasionaly gander at...

As you may know, Webb isn't the most liked of characters down in Yeovil and following an article written for their fansite, Webb allegedly responded with this:

Link here: http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=12016

Now, I don't intend this post to question Webb's position at the club, but I find the comment in bold to be particularly strange. What, exactly, is our apparent assistant doing talking to an opposing manager the week before a crunch, decisive game?

This has been posted
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=59564

LOL sorry ESB but how could you fall for that! I mean come on, why would any manager need tips on how bad our defence is, they just have to watch one of our games!

My only excuse is I was caught off guard, thinking it was released today :D

Anyone with access to a television can see the weaknesses in Southends backline, it doesn't take insider information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back