• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wednesday Afternoon Pop Quiz

off the top of my head was it Aneka with 'Japanese boy'

*Toddles of to everyhit.com to see if I'm right*

Bah no I'm wrong - I forgot about that gem. No clues though.

off the top of my head was it Aneka with 'Japanese boy'

*Toddles of to everyhit.com to see if I'm right*

Bah no I'm wrong - I forgot about that gem. No clues though.

So close Defiler. Aneka followed this particular classic. 1981 was indeed a great year for pop.

I'm sure I'm right, been listening to a Hits of '81 double album the past couple of nights, so I should be "in the zone"

Was it Shakin' Stevens - Green Door?

You bet your *** my man. 1981 was a glorious year for pop, but can any year beat this line up?

Village People - "Y.M.C.A."
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick"
Blondie - "Heart of Glass"
The Bee Gees - "Tragedy"
Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive"
Art Garfunkel - "Bright Eyes"
Blondie - "Sunday Girl"
Anita Ward - "Ring My Bell"
Tubeway Army - "Are 'Friends' Electric?"
The Boomtown Rats - "I Don't Like Mondays"
Cliff Richard - "We Don't Talk Anymore"
Gary Numan - "Cars"
The Police - "Message In A Bottle"
The Buggles - "Video Killed the Radio Star"
Lena Martell - "One Day At A Time"
Dr Hook - "When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman"
The Police - "Walking on the Moon"
Pink Floyd - "Another Brick in the Wall"

What's the year?

I think I still have the 45 in my collection.

An absolute gem. I have it on a K-Tel Collection called '20 Number Ones' which features 'You Really Got Me', 'Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes', 'You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling' and 'My Old Man's a Dustman', amongst others. A truly superb piece of vinyl, purchased at Woolworth's.

An absolute gem. I have it on a K-Tel Collection called '20 Number Ones' which features 'You Really Got Me', 'Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes', 'You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling' and 'My Old Man's a Dustman', amongst others. A truly superb piece of vinyl, purchased at Woolworth's.

Were they the albums recorded by other people and session musicians ?

Back