• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Week One YP's!

The General

The Mouse (*)
Robyn Brandy (2549838) Robyn is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: General Stars
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 3,220
Wages: £492 p/w

Stamina: mediocre (11) Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent (12) Consistency: mediocre (12)
Fielding: worthless

Feckkkk. Im guessing he is half way to respectable bowling?! Listed in due course!

This has to go down as the world worst pull with 35 ITS - was trying for an all rounder so spread them about a bit - I certainly did get an all round ******* !

Jermain Hardy (2549938)Jermain is a RH Batsman and LFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone Vets CC
Battrick Rating: 2,173
Wages: £357 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Last edited:
Uriah Hines (2549755)

Uriah is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Battrick Rating: 2,933
Wages: £387 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre

Listed for 0

Iwan Ryno (2551079) shortcut

Iwan is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Plays For: Southend
Battrick Rating: 3,145
Wages: £392 p/w
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless

Same old.

Usual Week 1 rubbish......

Brian Graham (2551179) Brian is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler.
He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone CC
Battrick Rating: 7,860
Wages: £1,591 p/w

Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre

Not rising to that ;)

Only had one decent one in the last three seasons (Mcleod). Decided to sell Graham. I do want an all rounder but I'd hope to get an inflated price being week 1 + shouldn't be far from proficient in either discipline.

Will wait a couple of weeks then pick up a new trainee. Or maybe even pull another one next week :)

For info it was 12 bowl, 7 bat, 7 cons, 4 conc, 5 stamina. So already had base skills in place, lovely.

Thought I was going to have the best YP on SZ, but reckoned with out B's usual luck. Going to put him up for sale, should get a decent price.

Darpan Jasrotia (2549651) Darpan is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 6,802
Wages: £991 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable

You get great YPs every season and you still onlyjust got into II ;)

How his this comment escaped green so far?

Thought I was going to have the best YP on SZ, but reckoned with out B's usual luck. Going to put him up for sale, should get a decent price.

Darpan Jasrotia (2549651) Darpan is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 6,802
Wages: £991 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable

Am I missing something here?

ps Can't get on battrick at the minute.

How his this comment escaped green so far?

Am I missing something here?

ps Can't get on battrick at the minute.

There's a theory all English YP's are ***** and i have to agree. I pulled Sookram (who was very good) and he is a Windy!

Very nice BB. Should get millions for him!

The General said:
There's a theory all English YP's are ***** and i have to agree. I pulled Sookram (who was very good) and he is a Windy!

Very nice BB. Should get millions for him!
I always work on the basis, that if I pull for a lesser nation, and get a decent one, then there'll be a fight to get him as he has more chance of becoming an international.

Probably my best ever Week 1 pull, would have been nice to have some additional stamina, but can't really complain.

He's one of only 4 Double Respectables on the market, and the only Indian, so should get a decent price.

Last edited:
Geraint is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Southend United
Battrick Rating: 3,365
Wages: £422 p/w
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent

Walter is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a steady player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Napster's XI
Battrick Rating: 5,166
Wages: £692 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre

Cant decide what to do. Space for a trainee, but is he worth it?

Walter is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a steady player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Napster's XI
Battrick Rating: 5,166
Wages: £692 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre

Cant decide what to do. Space for a trainee, but is he worth it?

Yuck. You made the (big mistake) of having nothing on stamina!! I'd say list him...

I have overbid for a medium paced all rounder closing in a couple of hours. I won't be raising any more. If that fails I'll be straight in at around 3 mill for Bs spinner though that will make 5 in the squad. My 19yo RFM resp/strong selling tonight is around 3.2 at present. Secondary pop is only a week or two away. Expecting a few more bids

I have overbid for a medium paced all rounder closing in a couple of hours. I won't be raising any more. If that fails I'll be straight in at around 3 mill for Bs spinner though that will make 5 in the squad. My 19yo RFM resp/strong selling tonight is around 3.2 at present. Secondary pop is only a week or two away. Expecting a few more bids

I do hope someone else takes him. I picked up a resp/resp trainee for 1.5 this morning. Admittedly bowler only but I need the 2.5 I have bid on a Med first teamer

I do hope someone else takes him. I picked up a resp/resp trainee for 1.5 this morning. Admittedly bowler only but I need the 2.5 I have bid on a Med first teamer

I cant afford 2.5m. Bid on a couple, but I keep losing out. Might have to wait till the market cools.

Back