• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done Flavs,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love you Darryl!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Jan. 23 2005,17:51)]Not much praise on here for Griemink, world class saves, good in the air but very little praise on here. Those that call him "lanky" where are you? Prefer to "big up" the goalkeeping equivelant of Darren Anderton instead. One day you will realise what an asset Bart is rather than keep putting him down. Well done Bart!
Ahh..he see's the light.

Good vocal support yesterday for Flav's, could tell his was chuffed before the game - even posed for a photo in the warm up with some fans.

Have to agree both Bart & Flav's are very competent keepers and I am happy with whoever starts in goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ Jan. 23 2005,19:58)]You did mention it by saying you lived near Mansfield and could do the report rather quick. We have managed to get one up and I wasn't going to say anything, but as it's been brought up, I have to respond.

I'd like to know who was using the address to the site though, the moderators have their own screen names on here.
rock.gif
I'm pretty sure I know what conversation that was. I'm pretty sure it was on here and I'm pretty sure that I said I'd be able to do it but didn't actually get asked to do it. Still, if it's done, it's done. Just thought I should clear my name!

Englands number 1, Englands, Englands number 1.
Shut em all up Darryl!
Wonder how many people would been posting on here had you had a bad game! Jávea is strangely no-where to be heard!
Keep it up sir Flahavan of Southampton!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 23 2005,20:58)]Darryl's sh*t !

Bring back Mel Capleton !

tounge.gif
No way, Bring Margetson back!
Wales's number 1 Wales's Wales's number 1
biggrin.gif

I'm I the only one that is bored of the constant Darryl Vs Bart debate? Both have strengths and weaknesses and are both more than capable in this division (And probably the division above if we go up).

We're not debating! We're congratulating Darryl on a supberb performance.
Same as we would any player who kept us in a game almost single handedly.
If you don't like it, don't read the thread?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 23 2005,21:22)]Touchy!

tounge.gif
Who me?
Nah not touchy! Just if you don't like a thread...don't read it! Common sense really!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not much praise on here for Flahavon, world class saves, good in the air but very little praise on here. Those that call him "shorty" where are you? Prefer to "big up" the goalkeeping equivelant of Darren Anderton instead. One day you will realise what an asset Flavs is rather than keep putting him down. Well done Darryl!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and what about Bart.... what about HIS world class saves against Bury!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Flav is a good keeper. Its just that Bart is better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bart is the better keeper I think but hey Flavs aint to shabby himself!

Sounds like a debate to me fella.

No where not debating! Just some people won't let it lie! I personally feel this thread was created to congratulate a player who has come back from an injury lay off and played outta his skin!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 23 2005,20:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ Jan. 23 2005,19:58)]You did mention it by saying you lived near Mansfield and could do the report rather quick. We have managed to get one up and I wasn't going to say anything, but as it's been brought up, I have to respond.

I'd like to know who was using the address to the site though, the moderators have their own screen names on here.
rock.gif
I'm pretty sure I know what conversation that was.  I'm pretty sure it was on here and I'm pretty sure that I said I'd be able to do it but didn't actually get asked to do it.  Still, if it's done, it's done.  Just thought I should clear my name!
Nope, it wasn't on here, it was on the match report thread on the site last month. Unfortunatly, it was deleted when the January/February's went up.

It just feels a big let down, when someone offers to do a report, and then nothing is sent in. It's happened here many times.

And I'm not stupid enough to go bunging you down for a report on The Shrimpers-online, if you said you'll do it for this site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 23 2005,21:28)]No where not debating! Just some people won't let it lie! I personally feel this thread was created to congratulate a player who has come back from an injury lay off and played outta his skin!
I know what the topic started out as, seeing as I can read, but it soon turned into a debate. Thats why I read the topic to find out what people thought of Flavs performance, I would have down the same if it was Maher/Freddy/Bart anyone.

Thing is though, some people just don't realise that it doesn't make much difference who we have in goal whether it be Flavs/Bart/Holloway (Heard good things about him but still haven't seen him). If we take Holloway away from this and concentrate of Flavs and Bart there is hardly any difference between the two of them. This season both have played superb/awfully. Made crucial saves/made mistakes. Both have been improved because of the competition from the other one and long may it continue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ Jan. 23 2005,21:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 23 2005,20:22)]
[b said:

rock.gif
I'm pretty sure I know what conversation that was.  I'm pretty sure it was on here and I'm pretty sure that I said I'd be able to do it but didn't actually get asked to do it.  Still, if it's done, it's done.  Just thought I should clear my name!
Nope, it wasn't on here, it was on the match report thread on the site last month. Unfortunatly, it was deleted when the January/February's went up.

It just feels a big let down, when someone offers to do a report, and then nothing is sent in. It's happened here many times.

And I'm not stupid enough to go bunging you down for a report on The Shrimpers-online, if you said you'll do it for this site.
Now thats touchy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 23 2005,21:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 23 2005,21:28)]No where not debating! Just some people won't let it lie! I personally feel this thread was created to congratulate a player who has come back from an injury lay off and played outta his skin!
I know what the topic started out as, seeing as I can read, but it soon turned into a debate. Thats why I read the topic to find out what people thought of Flavs performance, I would have down the same if it was Maher/Freddy/Bart anyone.

Thing is though, some people just don't realise that it doesn't make much difference who we have in goal whether it be Flavs/Bart/Holloway (Heard good things about him but still haven't seen him). If we take Holloway away from this and concentrate of Flavs and Bart there is hardly any difference between the two of them. This season both have played superb/awfully. Made crucial saves/made mistakes. Both have been improved because of the competition from the other one and long may it continue.
I completley agree but lets milk it and have some fun at the same time! Not much else to talk about really! Except the lack of flair in the team! Thats our real problem I feel!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ Jan. 23 2005,21:29)]And I'm not stupid enough to go bunging you down for a report on The Shrimpers-online, if you said you'll do it for this site.
Errm, wrong end of the stick there. Meant I mentioned writing a report on a thread on here, not that I'd do one for SZ.

Anyhow, I think this has been resolved on SOL. If I decide to write a report, I'll just make my own site and put it there.

tounge.gif
upside.gif

(Best smiley ever. FACT!)

I just want to say, that I was really impressed with Darryl yesterday. I've always been a big fan of his, and what a top performance he put in, in Mansfield. Had no chance with the goal, but all his other saves were top class.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 23 2005,22:39)]I just want to say, that I was really impressed with Darryl yesterday. I've always been a big fan of his, and what a top performance he put in, in Mansfield. Had no chance with the goal, but all his other saves were top class.

smile.gif
Sure his good looks help though! Women so easily swayed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back