• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done Matt The Shrimp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Matt the Shrimp...

The jacko thread included threats of violence and offers of meeting up to fight between 2 shrimperzoners, not a good thing.
I've only observed heated debate on this site so far and arranging places to meet to throw punches at eachother is overstepping the mark.

I know many will slag off Matt the Shrimp for his censorship but i say well done.

I ask is it censorship or just common sense??

cen·sor

1. A person authorized to examine books, films, or other material and to remove what is considered morally, politically, or otherwise objectionable.
cool.gif

Come people lets not start such playground antics, after all this is could be our best season for nearly a decade.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The jacko thread included threats of violence and offers of meeting up to fight between 2 shrimperzoners, not a good thing.
I've only observed heated debate on this site so far and arranging places to meet to throw punches at eachother is overstepping the mark.
Nobody has arranged to meet nobody there was a diffrence of opinion and as the situation was getting heated one party offered to take the argument off board in an attempt to not futher disrupt the thread, so wheres the harm?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 03 2005,10:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The jacko thread included threats of violence and offers of meeting up to fight between 2 shrimperzoners, not a good thing.
Nobody has arranged to meet nobody there was a diffrence of opinion and as the situation was getting heated one party offered to take the argument off board in an attempt to not futher disrupt the thread, so wheres the harm?
If that's how you want to read into it, True Blue...

rock.gif

I can't believe that my Jacko post created such an outburst from rabbloke i really can't.

I was mearly giving my opinion and was abused by this man so gave him some back that's all, i am not having some jumped up little fanny hole like him give me a mouthful on this site so i make no apologies and am still waiting for your call mr rabbloke.

To be fair, Barry, you could forgive rabbloke for (a) not wanting to give you the time of day; and (b) taking offense at you, when you come up with such choice phrases as "jumped up little fanny hole like him".

rock.gif

I happened to agree with your initial view that his response was patronising, and may well have used a phrase similar to yours in my initial response.

But why, 24 hours later, is it still necessary to be abusive? Help me here, Barry, 'cos I'm struggling with this one.

rock.gif

Why is it that we can't celebrate what brings us together - the mighty Shrimpers - but instead seem, all too often, to dwell on what drives us apart?

sad.gif

Matt

Firstly I have not received a pm from Btd. Secondly I did not abuse him with his brand of gutter language and thirdly the abuse still comes. I am not going to accept this. I have given it twenty-four hours to defuse and accept that some people cannot have dialogue without personal abuse but still it continues. I expect satisfaction.

Which one of you two are gonna back down ?

This has turned into a right old Thriller. Trouble is nothing is Black or White here and you are both being Bad. It looks like you Wanna be Starting Something that Don't Stop til you get enough.

Well I say Beat It to both of you.

In other words lighten up guys. Neither of you are right are wrong (or more right or more wrong than each other). Take a deep breath and remember the one thing that unites us on this site. (That's right, our love of Kevin Maher).

Having called and been told 'I will smash your teeth in mate', recorded of course, then I feel perfectly justified in the action I shall take and if any other poster wants to support this form of abuse then you should be ashamed. Criticise me for the tone of my opinion, but I have not behaved in such a dispicable manner. You will all be notified of the result.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Mar. 04 2005,09:10)]Having called and been told 'I will smash your teeth in mate', recorded of course, then I feel perfectly justified in the action I shall take and if any other poster wants to support this form of abuse then you should be ashamed. Criticise me for the tone of my opinion, but I have not behaved in such a dispicable manner. You will all be notified of the result.
Oh dear oh dear.

After ringing me and saying you will come and see me at the next home game and then turning the tables you really are a sad sad man.

Do what you like mate i couldn't give a monkeys, it takes two to tango and i have all the evidence of that.

WHAT A SAD MAN YOU ARE.

PS: If you want my name and address give me another call from your witheld number and i will give you all the information you need for your next step.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ok, straying off topic again. Look guys, we can't have this on the messageboards. It's only the pub in virtual terms not real life.

ghostface.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back