• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Catch the culprits first then tattoo "hooligan" across their forehead and finally ban them from every sporting event for life.

The problem there mate is that the teenagers are there now and haven't grown up yet. You know what you were like at that age... they are all the same.

To an extent I agree, I probably would have got involved in the verbals in my younger days. However I never would have dreamed of throwing a smoke bomb, age isn't an excuse for that!

Often happens when we take a big crowd. Equally the team often freezes and fails to get a result too. Perhaps the problem is that the big crowd brings with it all the roots hall negativity so it feels more like a home game. When it's the core 300 or so, no one calls Timlin "****" after 30 mins lie they did yesterday.

My suggestion would be that next time we get a big game, the club should offer free travel then bus them off somewhere else, like margate for the day. We can then get on with the business of getting a result.

I know it's wrong to be throwing anything but when the muggly home ***** are allowed on the pitch

Any fan/s come onto the pitch during the season, they get banning orders as it is an offence to do so. About time they amended this rule to exclude last home game of the season, as many fans seem to do this to celebrate staying up or getting promoted, and how many get nicked?.
Bet your life if results go our way next sunday, anyone who trys to get over the wall onto the pitch will be turfed back over?.

I did have to somewhat laugh at the call not to go on the pitch when the fans were already on.

sounds like an electric atmosphere. bottles and smoke bombs. These 'fans' won't be supporting Southend in 5 years when they grow up.

Catch the culprits first then tattoo "hooligan" across their forehead and finally ban them from every sporting event for life.

Just like in the seventies when to shame the holligians some papers published a table which club had the most arrest's etc.
It acted too some We have to top this table (Male Pride in the gang) and made the trouble even worse.

If these idiots arent stopped i can see that we will get searched individually when coming to Roots Hall to ascertain who are carrying them.Plus anticipate the club will be fined and or worse.

Big game this Sunday if we dont get the result we need just accept it like a man.

So if you know who these idiots are then tell the club/steward so we can get rid.

YOU ARE NOT WANTED

If these idiots arent stopped i can see that we will get searched individually when coming to Roots Hall to ascertain who are carrying them.Plus anticipate the club will be fined and or worse.

Big game this Sunday if we dont get the result we need just accept it like a man.

So if you know who these idiots are then tell the club/steward so we can get rid.

YOU ARE NOT WANTED

Let's hope they don't hire this guy if that's the case.

Just like in the seventies when to shame the holligians some papers published a table which club had the most arrest's etc.
It acted too some We have to top this table (Male Pride in the gang) and made the trouble even worse.

Where did they publish it?

Where did they publish it?

The Old grey matter stops me knowing exactly what publications, but I can remember reading it and the outcry, and a few people (If you want to call them that) Going all out to top the league or getting above local rivals.

Back