• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ha ha wembley atmosphere is shocking most England games let alone a half empty league 2 game, please do prove me wrong! So not gunna happen, usuals will sit with day trippers. Take a bible for peeps to swear on that they will contribute 100% in singing sections?!

Type up song sheets - double sided A4. Run off 10,000 paid for by the club. Let willing supporters pick up two hundred each. Distribute and leave on seats at the match. That way everyone will know the words and it makes a statement of intent to sing.

Will this his include what tone its needs to be sung in? If I don't get a sheet...can I still sing?

Think the atmosphere will be better for this one. No distraction around change of manager, less day trippers and the game means more than the paint pot. Hopefully I'm right!

When will we know if we're in blue or yellow....got to get the ballons right!

Good point ! I think we need to know this as soon as poss. Do I tune up my vocal chords for "Bluuuuue Arrrrrrmy" or "Yeeeeeelllllooooows" ?? :clap:

I don't get this animosity towards "day trippers". Not everyone can get to 30 games a season. Anyone willing to spend £100 or more to come support our football club should surely be welcome as opposed to be blamed for us not being able to generate an atmosphere.

I don't get this animosity towards "day trippers". Not everyone can get to 30 games a season. Anyone willing to spend £100 or more to come support our football club should surely be welcome as opposed to be blamed for us not being able to generate an atmosphere.
Agreed, but if you're not going to generate atmosphere don't buy a ticket in the singing area. Perhaps it wasn't made clear last time but this time it is.

Even with the signing section it will be incredibly difficult to get an atmosphere going, the stadium is too big. Like others has said even England games have a rubbish atmosphere. If we keep things simple with chants like "Everywhere we go" i think we can get something going at least, as its easier for people to join in.

Again aswell like others have said, a good performance on the pitch by the players will go along way to creating a good atmosphere. (thats where England go wrong, there rubbish!)

Even with the signing section it will be incredibly difficult to get an atmosphere going, the stadium is too big. Like others has said even England games have a rubbish atmosphere. If we keep things simple with chants like "Everywhere we go" i think we can get something going at least, as its easier for people to join in.

Again aswell like others have said, a good performance on the pitch by the players will go along way to creating a good atmosphere. (thats where England go wrong, there rubbish!)
The difference is when people are watching England it's usually some boring 3 or 4-0 win against someone like Lithuania so people don't really care and don't really have any reason to create any atmosphere.

This game matters to us, and there are plenty of play off and FA Cup finals that have had a good atmosphere so there is no reason why we can't create one.

The difference is when people are watching England it's usually some boring 3 or 4-0 win against someone like Lithuania so people don't really care and don't really have any reason to create any atmosphere.

This game matters to us, and there are plenty of play off and FA Cup finals that have had a good atmosphere so there is no reason why we can't create one.

I have been to the past 3 league cup finals at Wembley and never seen or heard an atmosphere.The ground is noisy but that is just because of the amount of people that are at the ground. On tv aswell you can never hear the fans sing etc as the ground is to big and open the sound just goes up. We could have 100 people singing and the players wouldnt hear us

Who cares about the Wembley atmosphere.

Chez ORM HK this is where it's at !

I'm so excited
And I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

On my way into town for a celebratory Guinness or several. I'm like a kid who wanted an X-Box for Christmas and unwrapped an X-Box!

The last Wembley trip was completely ruined for me by a group claiming we were in "the blue voice bit" and we're verbally abused for the whole game being told we were Hingis that rhyme with punts and anchors for not singing. Now when the tickets were bought nothing had been mentioned to us that it was a singing section, and my assumption is that many other people were not aware either.

It seems to have been made much clearer which areas are "singing" areas and which are not so hopefully I can enjoy this match without being abused throughout.

It's would help if the players play a part into creating a atmosphere by starting well & create chances & get shots on target etc that will really get everyone behind us for 90 mins & hopefully a first ever win at Wembley!

The last Wembley trip was completely ruined for me by a group claiming we were in "the blue voice bit" and we're verbally abused for the whole game being told we were Hingis that rhyme with punts and anchors for not singing. Now when the tickets were bought nothing had been mentioned to us that it was a singing section, and my assumption is that many other people were not aware either.

It seems to have been made much clearer which areas are "singing" areas and which are not so hopefully I can enjoy this match without being abused throughout.

You shouldn't have worn your Col U shirt! :winking:

In seriousness, know one should be abused this way!

When will we know if we're in blue or yellow....got to get the ballons right!

The game seems to be advertised as Southend v Wycombe. Does this mean we are the appointed home team?

If so that surely means we will be playing in blue?

I think the atmosphere will be a massive improvement, this is not just a day out this is for promotion! Plus there is more time to get on the beers before the game!! :happy::happy:

Back