• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wembley

SARF

Director
Do the boozers in the ground sell beer after the match? Or is it all shut and pile onto the tubes?

It all shut up when I went there at half time. But that was early on

The boozers in the ground dont sell Beer at anytime during an England game. I found this out to my horror on Saturday.

The boozers in the ground dont sell Beer at anytime during an England game. I found this out to my horror on Saturday.

yep.. UEFA rules.

we spent a few hours in the euston flyer and then got the tube straight up from euston sq

We went to the pub at liverpool street where there was quite few a england fans then we headed on towards the ground. Its a nightmare getting out. We left fifteen minutes early and still just got home in time. Think were gonna get on Fenchurch line 2morw and change at stratford.

I thought this was a thread on areas.

It clearly hasn't caught on as quickly as I'd have liked.

Last time I went to Wembley we took the tube one stop along to Preston Road and went drinking there. Much better to do that and let the crowds dissipate.

This is only for UEFA games. As Saturday and tomorrow's game are UEFA qualifiers no alcohol can be sold, however, you can drink alcohol before the game and at half-time at an England friendly.

Did you go back to your seat 15 mins into the 2nd half like the rest of the club Wembley 'fans'.

I went to the England under 21 game, and to be honest all the empty seats they show in the ground are simply down to simple logistics:

First half ends - you have 15 minutes to get out of the arena, walk several hundred metres, queue for a fair while, get a beer, down a pint in 15 minutes, have a quick toilet break (as you don't want to do the walk again), walk back into the arena and get back into your seat.

As time goes on, people will learn not to bother I imagine, and that match I attended was only 2/3's capacity too, but I think half of the empty seats you see on TV are probably people struggling to get back into the ground and who are still having their first new Wembley "experience".

As for that ratehr large empty corporate area... well, thats a different story

the amount of empty seats and also people leaving early i thought was really bad. i know wembleys a right ******* to get out of but leaving something like 5-10 or even fifteen minutes early is something i can't understand. i pay to see the full 90 mins not miss half the game just to get home a little early.

with regards to all the empty seats for half the game on half way line maybe they should sell them to fans who want to watch the game and support their country rather than getting a drink at half time.

the amount of empty seats and also people leaving early i thought was really bad. i know wembleys a right ******* to get out of but leaving something like 5-10 or even fifteen minutes early is something i can't understand. i pay to see the full 90 mins not miss half the game just to get home a little early.

with regards to all the empty seats for half the game on half way line maybe they should sell them to fans who want to watch the game and support their country rather than getting a drink at half time.

Well, being devils advocate here, I know a few folks on here had tickets and didn't go cos of Southend playing at 1. Likewise I know a few die hard football fans at work in similar predicaments and who only managed to get rid of 1 or 2 of their allocation, meaning empty seats here and there.

That half-way line area is the corporate hospitality area though and it was rather foolish to place it right in the middle of the camera view. Those parts of stadia are always empty for half the games...

Saying that at the World Cup in Germany you could buy beer and drink it in the stands whilst the game was going on. Saying that one of the main sponsors was Anheuser-Busch.

Back