• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Were they SUFC fan's?

I think it was a bottle rather than a knife, thats what it sounds like from the stockport page.

Just hope when Southend play Stockport next season they don't look for revenge on innocent Southend fans.

Regretfully, i fear this will be the case. As we are told we have more CCTV cameras in this town than many others, with no doubt a lot on the seafront, then we can only hope pictures of suspects are posted soon by the law and the cowardly pondlife (who obviously arn't hard enough to use their fists) are apprehended. If this happens and they arn't Blues fans then we can message on the Stockport site announcing the fact.

" The Southend/West Ham lot that kicked it off were tossers who lurked about outside until most of our lot had wobbled up the prom.......they still came unstuck though! "

TAKEN FROM THE STOCKPORT WEB SITE
Think that proves its nothing to do with our supporters.

Message sent to ShrimperZone admin from a Stockport fan,which I have replied to wishing him a speedy recovery from us all.

" I have heard directly from one of the lads who was stabbed at weekend that it wasn't Southend fans who were reponsible, they'd walked away from the Forresters and were set upon by some chavs, it had nothing to do with football.
I thought your fans were generally a friendly bunch and we had some good banter in the pubs, I was surprised we were turned away from pubs near the ground but that's not your fault".

The only reason i made the post was i came across the incident on the message board and thought it would be of some interest. Fair enough if its not southend related. Still hope the chavs in question get caught or better still they get a good hiding.

Most pointless thread ever?

Not at all.

Stockport fans are accusing Southend fans of giving them a hiding on saturday night.

I'm as shocked as anyone that they suffered that ordeal but I'm not 100% sure that it was supporters of our beloved club that were responsible. Heck I'm not even 10% sure.

Knowing how many scrotes there are in Southend and the surrounding area it really could have nothing to do with the club altogether.

Not at all.

Stockport fans are accusing Southend fans of giving them a hiding on saturday night.

I'm as shocked as anyone that they suffered that ordeal but I'm not 100% sure that it was supporters of our beloved club that were responsible. Heck I'm not even 10% sure.

Knowing how many scrotes there are in Southend and the surrounding area it really could have nothing to do with the club altogether.

Err, teach you not to read all of the thread.:thump:

To clarify as I see it:

Southend United is not a violent club
The Town of Southend can be violent
Southend Seafront is violent
Southend seafront on a bank holiday weekend always has been and still is very violent.

So forty odd Stockport fans decide to descend on to to the Seafront just to have a sing song in thier strange unrecognisble english. Now to my mind 40 is a mob or gang and inevitably gang rules will apply. Frankly I think 40 got off lightly with the trouble recorded. I'm not saying that's right but that's the way things are.

Let me ask you would Wino have organised his do down the seafront?
Would any of us go down the seafront mob handed and not expect trouble?
If 40 of our lads had gone out in Blackpool in the same fashion would we have been suprised if the same happenned?
If our lads did the same at Walsall, Tranmere, Rotherham etc would that be a wise move?

Frankly I think that the Stockport fans were either niave, stupid or just plain arrogant.

At the turn of the century the army had to be called in to control the seaside crowds, 300 years ago some of the Stockport fans would have found themselves press ganged into the navy.

The seafront is rough, perhaps the police should be making away fans aware of the situation prior to matches.

DoDtS

To clarify as I see it:

Southend United is not a violent club
The Town of Southend can be violent
Southend Seafront is violent
Southend seafront on a bank holiday weekend always has been and still is very violent.

So forty odd Stockport fans decide to descend on to to the Seafront just to have a sing song in thier strange unrecognisble english. Now to my mind 40 is a mob or gang and inevitably gang rules will apply. Frankly I think 40 got off lightly with the trouble recorded. I'm not saying that's right but that's the way things are.

Let me ask you would Wino have organised his do down the seafront?
Would any of us go down the seafront mob handed and not expect trouble?
If 40 of our lads had gone out in Blackpool in the same fashion would we have been suprised if the same happenned?
If our lads did the same at Walsall, Tranmere, Rotherham etc would that be a wise move?

Frankly I think that the Stockport fans were either niave, stupid or just plain arrogant.

At the turn of the century the army had to be called in to control the seaside crowds, 300 years ago some of the Stockport fans would have found themselves press ganged into the navy.

The seafront is rough, perhaps the police should be making away fans aware of the situation prior to matches.

DoDtS

100% agree with that. Only difference in going to the seafront in a 'mob' before a game for a few beers, is at that time of day it is still relatively quiet and less chance of aggro. I remember in the 90's when we were in the 1st division, and 2 seasons on the trot a mob of Leicester fans spent the evening in the Ship and then rampaged along the seafront afterwards.

I think naive is the most likely correct assessment - come on, what's the nearest they've got? Blackpool? Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Blackpool has ever had the kind of Bank Holiday influxes we and Brighton get - unless they're aging mods and rockers on a Saga recapture your youth type break!

Actually Press Gangs only used to target those with sailing experience such as fishermen and merchant seamen.

As you probably know the entire maritime community of Stockport is comprised of those who won speedboats on Bullseye.

Last edited:
Actually Press Gangs only used to target those with sailing experience such as fishermen and merchant seamen.

As you probably know the entire maritime community of Stockport is comprised of those who won speedboats on Bullseye.

Dexter Fletcher and his fake american accent was brilliant in Press Gang.

Back