• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Stand Shop to re-open on trial

Yellow Army

Members
Hi all,

We're going to explore the possiblillity of re-opening the small shop over in the west stand. For the time being i'll just have a few things over there, and see how sales go, with a further possibilty of maybe some kind of refurbishment if all goes well.

I'll prob start off selling, scarfs and hats, mugs, keyrings, tax disc holders, teddy bears, alarm clocks and all the little kinds of items that would make good christmas presents.

if sales go well, then maybe it might get turned into a proper shop (so to speak) and might see some clothing in there, who knows. can i just add that it will be cash or cheque transactions only, as there is no credit card facilities in that part of the ground.

also while i'm posting, online shop is constantly being updated, and further items are being sent up to put on the website, and a reminder, that to gaurentee christmas delivery, you need to place your before midday on wednsday 14th Decemeber - the shop is also opening on Sundays 11-3 for those last minute presents on Sunday 4th, 11th 18th Decemeber, and of course sat 24th Decemeber (xmas eve) - but opening time TBC. Load of new stuff has arrived this week, so pop in and have a look

Cheers

Steve
smile.gif

just a lil question, why we re-opening and refurbing our clubshops turnstiles etc, when we're looking to move away from Roots hall in the near future?

For me that's good news. I can't say I used it regularly in the past, but I park near the West stand and never go near the main entrance so it's never really convenient for me to go to the main shop. When I need a new scarf or hat I usually do without. But not anymore!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 30 2005,20:42)]just a lil question, why we re-opening and refurbing our clubshops turnstiles etc, when we're looking to move away from Roots hall in the near future?
The West Stand shops always been open, but we wern't sure wether to continue trade in it with the new shop opening, so we must have atleast another two years at the ground, so may aswell make things nice while your there, and also its not concreate it'll be refurbished - it could just ba a paint job and a few shelves, as its not a walk in shop its a window like the burger bars.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 30 2005,20:42)]just a lil question, why we re-opening and refurbing our clubshops turnstiles etc, when we're looking to move away from Roots hall in the near future?
Because even if by some miracle FF is confirmed soon, we'll still not be moving in for a few years yet, so we might as well make RH as comfortable as possible. I believe the new turnstiles can be moved to the new stadium when required, as well.

Steve
Thats good news for me as I find it hard to get to the shop on match days, only thing I ask, and don't know whetheryou can answer.I sit in the RBS stand will the stewards let me through to walk to the shop, or will they stick to their rules and not allow access due to my s/t not covering that area.

Just thought you may know ?

Another positive move by the club to help the cash flow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 30 2005,21:42)]just a lil question, why we re-opening and refurbing our clubshops turnstiles etc, when we're looking to move away from Roots hall in the near future?
Because even if the plans were submitted now, Southend United wouldn't be moving to a new stadium until at least 2008. The club might be "looking to move away" but there are no concrete plans to do so at the moment!

WS

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave Smiths Love Child @ Nov. 30 2005,20:56)]Steve
Thats good news for me as I find it hard to get to the shop on match days, only thing I ask, and don't know whetheryou can answer.I sit in the RBS stand will the stewards let me through to walk to the shop, or will they stick to their rules and not allow access due to my s/t not covering that area.

Just thought you may know ?

Another positive move by the club to help the cash flow.
i have no idea about that, unfortunatly i'm not working until the match now, as i'm at uni, but i'll see if i can find out for you. I spose i depends on how early your in the ground. i'll ask and find out for you mate, i will say though, i'm not too sure on what stock i'm going to bring over yet, it might scarfs, hats cups ect (all the small things) - stuff like shirts are more likley to stay in the shop because of the high value, we'll have to see.

i was waiting for you to come out with a sarcasitc comment - i just dont fancy freezing on the west stand for nothing

Don't worry Steve, you could always pinch a scarf if it gets too cold...!

Back