• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hear elsewhere that we're interested in Rory McArdle. Released by Aberdeen last season and played for Sheff Wed under Luggy so could be a possibility....
I'm sure Sturrock is very interested in signing Rory, I'd say Shrewsbury are more likely than us though. That said I'm sure Rory would know we've been tracking him for a while, which. certainly wont hinder his view on us.

See Dave Artell has been released by Crewe. Looked decent enough in the 2 games I saw him last year (don't think he played in play off leg 1 but could be wrong) and is good captain material. Geography might be an issue though.Agree with majority of posts about Barker. Since he came back from injury he's looked a shadow of his player of the season form from last year. Would be happy to see Prosser stay on as a versatile squad player but he can be awful especially at left back (away at Wimbledon springs to mind).

I've just read on another thread that Prosser has been released. Can anyone confirm?

I'm confused about the whole player situation ....:nope:

Theres just one post regarding it that I can see ?

Nothing else.

Theres also "heard that" Barker has been released messages.

Think its silly season as these hearsay statements arent being backed up with anything.

Theres just one post regarding it that I can see ?

Nothing else.

Theres also "heard that" Barker has been released messages.

Think its silly season as these hearsay statements arent being backed up with anything.

Thanks for that - I thought I had missed something (again) ....

Whilst I do understand the doubts people have expressed about Prosser , I still think that compared to Gilbert he wasn't given an long enough run in the team.
I haven't checked the stats , but one example that springs to mind was Gillingham away.
Gilbert was injured or sick and Prosser came in and played really well that night.
Next game he was out of the team................
As I say , I agree with the comments and I don't put him up as world beater , but Gilbert kept his place last season when he was playing like a pile of poo ( although he did play better towards the end of the season ).
I just think if Prosser was given the confidence of a longer run , he would settle down and improve.

Whilst I do understand the doubts people have expressed about Prosser , I still think that compared to Gilbert he wasn't given an long enough run in the team.
I haven't checked the stats , but one example that springs to mind was Gillingham away.
Gilbert was injured or sick and Prosser came in and played really well that night.
Next game he was out of the team................
As I say , I agree with the comments and I don't put him up as world beater , but Gilbert kept his place last season when he was playing like a pile of poo ( although he did play better towards the end of the season ).
I just think if Prosser was given the confidence of a longer run , he would settle down and improve.

Gilbert didnt always keep his place, we had Hills come in.

Prosser is a centre back, not a left back and his passing is dire at best. If he plays it should be in the centre.

Release Barker and Gilbert.

Sign Hills

I'd be very happy starting next season with a back four of Clohessy, Phillips, Mohsni, Hills

back 5 (im doing keeper as well)

morcormick
clohessey
phillips
a.n.other
hills

moshni bench so he can be used at either end if needed :)

I've just read on another thread that Prosser has been released. Can anyone confirm?

I'm confused about the whole player situation ....:nope:
I thought he had been released but it appears not for the moment and he doesn't appear to have been re-signed so it is confusing as his contract must be about to run out? he is a very good man at blocking shots and he will take one for the team; can he play well enough for Div 3/4 every week? I would like to see him stop passing back to keeper, not do long, soft, high balls forward that loose possession 9 from 10 times and not keep backing off and allowing players to make room for a shot. He is fit and always seems to keep working but I don't see him as a future defensive regular.

Back