• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What an experience!

On the train back from Old Trafford now and may i say what an experience. I have been to the Mellenium Stadium, i have been Wembery, i have been Stamford Brigde (are famous 1-1 draw not so long ago) but i have never experienced anything like what i did today. I arrived at the ground just as a few thousand man united fans were marching in protest, this carried on the whole game and the atmosphere was amense. The game was a blinder United winning 5-0 (all be it 3 own goals) which made my old mans birthday a very happy one. As a Southend United fan till i die, id suggest to anyone who is a football fan to go and witness a game with another 74,000+ people. We sat in the East Stand Upper and although we had hundreds of people between us and the pitch, the view was amazing. A very enjoyable day all round, expesh the home fans pub which is about the size of Roots Hall, packed out with sing songs from start to finish. A very good day now followed by a 5 hour train journey back to Shoebury.

Been to Old Trafford on 6 occasions... If you think today was an experience, go to a Champions League game.

I went to OT 3 times back in the late 80s / early 90s when tickets and travel were cheap and you could just turn up and get in, saw United beat Chelsea and Spurs, and draw with Liverpool .. i've always wanted to return since the upgrade (crowds were generally 55,000+ when i went but the vast majority of that was standing)

When i went they were trying for the record of most cockneys silent in one place. I think they broke it, they were very good at it

Do you know, I love prawn sarnies! Nothing to do with corporate anything!

I find it amazing that people still deem 'Prawn Sandwiches' posh when they sell them in Tesco for 99p.

Bless Roy Keane. He probably thinks Cornish Pasties are some Turkish delicacy...

Back