• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What are 'the consortium' waiting for ?

CC51DAS

President
Twenty something days left to save the club yet we still await full details of the so called consortium's identity and proposals.

What is stopping them from revealing these to the fans ?

On Ron's track record it's more a point of him wanting to keep everything to himself whether anyone wants to come in or not.

Twenty something days left to save the club yet we still await full details of the so called consortium's identity and proposals.

Why would they bother? It doesn't look as if they had anything Ron Martin was interested in.

I personally don't give a stuff about the consortium until I see some detail behind their plans, and some sign that they might convince RM to sell.

Until then all they are is another stick to stir up the brown stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe they are thinking that it will be a lot cheaper to buy the club off Ron once we are relegated?

Maybe they are thinking that it will be a lot cheaper to buy the club off Ron once we are relegated?

Don't see why. The cost of buying Ron Martin out is determined by the value associated with any property-related aspects of the deal.

I can't see anythng in getting relegated that would decrease the value of SUFC or whatever entity would be bought/sold by the consortium.

Anyway, they only offered £1 as I understand it; how much cheaper do they think they're going to get it for :)

Anyway, they only offered £1 as I understand it; how much cheaper do they think they're going to get it for :)

According to Elstree Blue, they approached him later with an eight figure sum.

RM obviously holds the Fossett's development at a higher value, and to be honest I don't blame him.

According to Elstree Blue, they approached him later with an eight figure sum.

RM obviously holds the Fossett's development at a higher value, and to be honest I don't blame him.

Indeed he seems to value it so much he is playing Russian Roulette with the football club to bring it about, and to be honest I do blame him.

Indeed he seems to value it so much he is playing Russian Roulette with the football club to bring it about, and to be honest I do blame him.

Russian Roulette is exactly how I've been thinking about our three High Court appearances so far this season.With a fourth visit due shortly I wonder how long it will be before we get the chamber with a bullet in it.
Remember The Deer Hunter?

Maybe they are waiting to take over once we are in administration.

They appeared in a fanfare of publicity, only to disappear until the next time there was media interest, what better way of getting headlines than stepping in to "save the club" .

Also they will be able to dictate how much of the debts they want to clear when they make their offer to the administrator / Creditors. As the major Creditor is RHL/MD maybe an increase the percentage they will pay might be used to facilitate some sort of deal on future rental or possibly they see the administration of one of the major assets of RHL (along with the real estate RHL will be showing the debt as an asset) and the link with the need for SUFC to survive for FF to continue as a way of ringfencing the future rental expenditure.

Russian Roulette is exactly how I've been thinking about our three High Court appearances so far this season.With a fourth visit due shortly I wonder how long it will be before we get the chamber with a bullet in it.
Remember The Deer Hunter?

Yes, because the English legal system is a complete lottery:doh:

Maybe they are waiting to take over once we are in administration.

They appeared in a fanfare of publicity, only to disappear until the next time there was media interest, what better way of getting headlines than stepping in to "save the club" .

Also they will be able to dictate how much of the debts they want to clear when they make their offer to the administrator / Creditors. As the major Creditor is RHL/MD maybe an increase the percentage they will pay might be used to facilitate some sort of deal on future rental or possibly they see the administration of one of the major assets of RHL (along with the real estate RHL will be showing the debt as an asset) and the link with the need for SUFC to survive for FF to continue as a way of ringfencing the future rental expenditure.

Thanks for that Gary, I am not going to disagree with you as I don't understand half of what you say (!) - and I know you are usually right - but I did think that they were going to step in at one point and save us from administration.

And I am certainly not pro consortium - would just like them to be out in the open about who they are and how they feel they can improve things so we supporters can make a ' valued judgement'.

Thanks for that Gary, I am not going to disagree with you as I don't understand half of what you say (!) - and I know you are usually right - but I did think that they were going to step in at one point and save us from administration.

And I am certainly not pro consortium - would just like them to be out in the open about who they are and how they feel they can improve things so we supporters can make a ' valued judgement'.

They did say at the outset that they were going to save us from Administration, but as that has been declined by RM, perhaps they feel that they want to make him squirm a bit, maybe even feel that ruining him may be the way forward.

These are businessmen (at least I hope they are) and they will be looking at every way to maximise the use of their money.

Personally Unless I had 10's of millions spare I would not be considering buying the football club at the moment. Either wait for Administration or wait for RM to want out (pre or post FF)

Yes, because the English legal system is a complete lottery:doh:

As I understand it(and as my Chambers defines it) a lottery is an arrangement for the distribution of prizes or a matter of chance.
Since we're not likely to be awarded any prizes by the High Court why do you think the Chairman persists in his long running dispute with HMRC whose counsel has described SUFC as "habitual defaulters" and "plainly insolvent?"
What can he possibly hope to gain from this state of affairs except the winding up of the football club?

its quite simple really, ron and co stand to make millions of pounds from FF, any consortium would not only have to pay ron and co the debt the club has with them 4/5 million I think but then stump up 20/25 mill for FF development to be handed over......no chance they will stump up that sort of cash......end of really, they tried to be 'cheeky' and offered to pay the 2.1 mill then buy the club for peanuts, there will be no consortium take over

As I understand it(and as my Chambers defines it) a lottery is an arrangement for the distribution of prizes or a matter of chance.
Since we're not likely to be awarded any prizes by the High Court why do you think the Chairman persists in his long running dispute with HMRC whose counsel has described SUFC as "habitual defaulters" and "plainly insolvent?"
What can he possibly hope to gain from this state of affairs except the winding up of the football club?

No-one wants to actually wind-up the football club. RM wants to gain more time in which to pay; HMRC just want to be paid. The way they do this is by threatening to wind the club up. This isn't a threat HMRC want to carry out (they won't get fully paid if they do, and it is a slow, tortuous process), it's just a tool to apply pressure. So both sides go through this charade, in which the prize isn't the winding up of the club, but the date the payment has to be made by.

Also, please refrain from quoting just one side's counsel. You shouldn't take what one counsel says as the absolute truth. Their job is to put over one side of the argument only. They don't offer a balanced view.

The other counsel concerned refused to give out her name.Why do you think that was?

Go on, why do you think that was?

Judging by the baying mob outside the East on Saturday, I think she was quite wise (if she didn't, that is).

Barna, I hope you won't take offence at this, but whenever I read one of your posts I find myself reaching for the razor or the anti-depressants or sometimes both!

:thump:

Go on, why do you think that was?

Judging by the baying mob outside the East on Saturday, I think she was quite wise (if she didn't, that is).

Barna, I hope you won't take offence at this, but whenever I read one of your posts I find myself reaching for the razor or the anti-depressants or sometimes both!

:thump:

ACU,
No offence taken.:)
As it happens I've been feeling a bit that way myself lately especially when I dwell on matters related to SUFC.How are you going to like ground sharing with Orient,Dagenham or Gillingham next season?
In answer to your question, perhaps she had something to hide and not just her privacy?

ACU,
No offence taken.:)
As it happens I've been feeling a bit that way myself lately especially when I dwell on matters related to SUFC.How are you going to like ground sharing with Orient,Dagenham or Gillingham next season?
In answer to your question, perhaps she had something to hide and not just her privacy?

Ground sharing with Ross County would be my ideal :)

And I think it was just her privacy - I know who this lady is through a relative, and said relative thinks she's OK!

Back