• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can't see us signing Murray and Ranger. Think it will be one or the other and we will have four strikers (inc. Williams) and that is fine I would say. We still need two centre halves and a winger and then we are probably all done.

I can't see us signing Murray and Ranger. Think it will be one or the other and we will have four strikers (inc. Williams) and that is fine I would say. We still need two centre halves and a winger and then we are probably all done.

I think we'll sign Murray and Ranger. Williams must be on peanuts and will probably be sent on loan to Braintree for the season to really test himself.

I think we'll sign Murray and Ranger. Williams must be on peanuts and will probably be sent on loan to Braintree for the season to really test himself.

Watching Williams at training, I fear for him. He's got the Deegan legs thing going on, and there's something else going on. This season is probably his last chance, or he will be released. He really needs to bust a gut at training. Starting in the first team doesn't just happen, he has to earn it. It's just got even harder for him as he's slipping down the striker list.

Watching Williams at training, I fear for him. He's got the Deegan legs thing going on, and there's something else going on. This season is probably his last chance, or he will be released. He really needs to bust a gut at training. Starting in the first team doesn't just happen, he has to earn it. It's just got even harder for him as he's slipping down the striker list.

Yes, I agree. He's very lazy at times but then very good at others, and very agile too. I think he thinks he's better than he is and has some kind of "right" as a forward, well, it doesn't work that way and he needs to learn that.

2 decent and young-ish centre backs and a winger please. Defence is worrying me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need Phil to work his magic on a cracking couple of centre backs. Maybe one from gambling on a last minute championship budget giveaway and another on a Premiership season long loanee of developing class? Agree defence looks a bit wobbly, otherwise Thommo needs to come on stronger like it seems as though O Neill has, no doubt he will in time, and Sokolik finds some previous form and confidence?

Missing a big center back who is dominant in the air to win the first headers and also a threat in the opposition box.

2 x 40 goal a season strikers
1 x 30 clean sheets a season GK
2 x commanding, ball playing centre backs (1 leftie, 1 rightie)
2 x attacking full backs, full of energy and defensively sound
1 x 20 goal a season midfielder
1 x 30 assist a season creative midfielder, with great set piece delivery
1 x lightning quick winger with 100% crossing accuracy
errr and probably Lee Sawyer back again

Agree with most on here, two decent centre backs needed and then the squad would look fairly strong. We need to improve defensively judging by the way we were conceding goals in the later part of last season.

I think we need to spend most of whatever money we have on a commanding centre half and maybe a quick young winger then we're pretty much done. I'd also like a target man to hold the ball up, one who doesn't mind having his back to goal

Back