• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

Whopper Jr.

OK, it was only 99p but its quite disappointing.

Southend Burger King is a bit rough as well.

Can anyone recommend and decent places for lunch in Southend?

Wings and Pasta Pia currently have my seal of approval.

Last edited:
I hate oily fish.

Apart from Tuna and smoked salmon.

3 or 4 times per year Morrisons sell whole Salmon for about £5 per kilo instead of £11-£12.
I always go & buy a couple each time ( about £15 each ), skin them, pick out the pin bones, & divi them into portions & freeze them.
Once or twice every weekend, I have a portion for brekkie ( Salmon, that is! ), with a couple of slices of brown bread & butter. Delicious.

Polish cheese, Italian salami, French Dijonaise and Sainsburys baguette.

The finest example of European collaboration since Concorde.

I shall be eating my ham & cheese sandwich with a mate I don't often see, which will make a nice change from doing the Guardian crossword or arguing about the stupidity of Brexit on here. :Clap:

2 thick boiled bacon( Gammon joint cooked yesterday ) sarnies. Reckon half of it got stuck between my teeth, thank goodness for floss!.

Can anyone recommend and decent places for lunch in Southend?

Wings and Pasta Pia currently have my seal of approval.

Used to go to the Pipe of Port or Il Pescatore in Queens Road when I worked in Southend if it was someone's birthday - both excellent, not sure if they both still open at lunch time though.

The last of the Christmas cheese and biscuits today with some cucumber and cherry tomatoes.

Back