• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

Ella Fitzgerald - Her gold Album. Maybe not too fashionable or popular for some these days but this is one of my all time favourite albums. Sample below.

Very pleasant - but will not be buying - will stick to Mud Slide Slim etc

Ha! Hearing the CD very much reminded me of his first two albums MSS and Sweet Baby James, which the DJ at the Lincoln Folk Festival, played back to back in their entirety during the long intermission before he came on stage in 1970.Since his set was entirely based on those two albums (his only releases at the time) it was a bit of an anti-climax when he actually came on to do most of the numbers, note for note, in exactly the way they were recorded.He still sounds pretty much the same even today, on pretty much whatever he sings.Not that that's a criticism.I saw him here a few years ago at the Liceu and even J.was impressed.He could have made American Standard at any time over the last 50 years.I suppose now's as good a time as any.

I like Pat but he's no Wes.
I like Pat but he's no Wes.

Right Pat's better.Though Wes Montgomery was an early influence of his.Set to buy PM tickets for his June concert here tomorrow.

Edit.FWIW I've got 3 WM records in my collection.Don't think I'd swop any of them for Still Life (Talking).

Last edited:
A band who I thought were a joke at the time, but now sound better than about 99% of their contemporaries - really enjoying this...

Back